Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Curious. How many of you have your own long arm machines?

Instead of telling people you don't quilt for the public, how about offering to let them pay to use your machine themselves? Anyone ever done that?
    https://quiltdasher.blogspot.com

I like to make lists. I also like to leave them laying on my sewing table and then guess what's on the list while at the fabric store. Fun game.

I have a Pfaff Grandquilter and a Next Generations. Since I have just retired I hope to get more use out of it.

Banned
    I have quilted off and on for over 30 yrs have owned two short arm, one mid arm and now a long arm Innova 26" that I just love.

I purchased a HQ16 last spring - and love it. It is a great machine - I have done 8 tops since I set it up. I have turned into a "finisher" not just a "top maker" .

Sue

Banned
    Yea Finisher is such a great feeling . I love your saying you are a finisher not just a top maker. That was my reason for owning my own LA machine I wanted the glory from start to finish of the quilt top.

So happy for you Sue let the fun begin !

Quote Originally Posted by ohstr View Post
    I purchased a HQ16 last spring - and love it. It is a great machine - I have done 8 tops since I set it up. I have turned into a "finisher" not just a "top maker" .

Sue

I just got a Innova 18 and I love it.

Charmy, What brand of LA do you use? Could you pass along any advice to someone who is buying one soon? I've never used one, other than test driving a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by charmy View Post
    I have quilted off and on for over 30 yrs have owned two short arm, one mid arm and now a long arm Innova 26" that I just love.

I like to make lists. I also like to leave them laying on my sewing table and then guess what's on the list while at the fabric store. Fun game.

HQ16 here and love it, wouldnt trade it for anything!
    katz

Blog Entries
    Gammill retrofited with Vision and love it. Such a joy to quilt on. I had a priemer, sold it and aquired this classic.
    Would recomend it to any one.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryQuilter View Post
    Same for me.
    Same for me too!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Sunday dinner every day, whew. My husband would love that one but he's spoilt bad enough. I think it would be nice to have a long arm if I had the extra dollars.

I had a mid-arm, but I sold it because it crowded my sewing studio too much. I would like to have a long arm but the only room big enough for one is the great room. I tried to convince DH that we don't use the sofa enough to warrant keeping it. We could get rid of the sofa and move his recliner and my chair and the lamp table to that side of the room. The long arm would fit along the wall where the chairs and lamp table were. So far he's not falling for it. lol

I have a Nolting Pro 24 and LOVE IT! I quilt for others as well as my own quilts.

The folks at QNNtv.com wrote us that they are running a free weekend for everyone to watch all shows, just to see what QNNtv.com is all about. That way non-members can decide if you like the format of the tons of videos about longarm quilting they offer.

As there are three episodes featuring Art and Stitch I am happy to pass the link on so that you can all admire this (and more) for free this weekend:

www.QNNtv.com/FreeMarch

I have a long arm only in my dreams, but I do have a Juki with a Grace frame. I only quilt for myself, or occasionally for a friend. Although there are so many wonderful quilters out there that I'll never hold a candle to, I do like the idea of doing the whole thing by myself, and it's more economical for me to do my own. Plus, it's just fun to watch that needle creating designs!
    Bless, O Lord, the works of my hands....

P. C.

I have no room for one. I only make quilts for family. I use my trusty Sears tabletop. I tie by the way
    I never believe in the word can't,unless you've tried

I have a Gammill Premier Plus. I love it!!! I have only quilted 2 or 3 quilts for other people and most are done for myself and are quilts I made for my family and friends. I have no regrets and I love my machine!!!

I do! I do! HQ16 and I love it!

I am looking at purchasing a HQ sixteen. Am nervous, this will be my first long arm. Not sure how to tell if it is the right one for me. Any suggestions??

I have an HQ Avante - love it.

Blog Entries
    I enjoy piecing a whole lot more than machine quilting, so I compromise. I fmq lap and baby quilts and send the bigger tops (about 3 a year) to a long arm quilter. I am lucky to have the best of both worlds!

I am considering the statler stitcher any words of wisdom ......

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8