Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious. How many of you have your own long arm machines?

I have the HQ Avante/Pro Stitcher

Most LA's cost more than my first home so I do not own one but it is a dream that someday I will be able to have one.

My only "long arm" is connected to my shoulder and has a thimble on the end of one of it's fingers. :-) And I LOVE using it to quilt. It's done many, many quilts and I hope it continues to offer good service for a very long time. :-)
    Thimble and Thread

I have a APQS and just love her. Our Millie is a great machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyrabbit View Post
    Hi All-

I am curious, but how many of you have your own long arm machines for PERSONAL use only? I see there are some nice specials on the web right now and its tempting. Just wondering. JC
    I have a Tin Lizzie 18 bought used. I have quilted 3 quilts on it and some practicing. It is going to the shop tomorrow as it will pick up the bobbin thread but won't stitch for some reason. Not sure what has happened. I was using Gutterman thread and it kept breaking on me.

I also have the Tin Lizzie 18LS and love it. I bought it 3 years ago and have never looked back. I find I keep challenging myself to learn new techniques and really get into the custom quilting rather than the pantographs and end to end patterns. I've only done a handful of quilts for others and some charity quilts but once I retire from working full time I may look at taking in some for pay. Right now though I'm really enjoying having a long arm and consider it an extension of my love of quilting.
    Deb
    Quilting is what grounds me. Better than therapy!

I was finally able to get my Innova last year. I just need to play with her more often.

Blog Entries
    I'm dreaming of a Homesteader.....I'll be dreaming for a lonng time.LOL

I have a long arm

I have an HQ Avante. I love the Pro Stitcher! I wish I was better at free motion however. Practice, practice, practice! LOL

I have one of the original HQ16. I bought it used on Craigslist for $2,500. No stitch regulator or bells and whistles. I donated 80 quilts last year..I have done maybe 5 for money for very close friends who are not the quilt police. I do good work but not like a computer. I LOVE it.

Oh, me too... maybe someday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    I wish, babylock crown jewel would be my dream

I have the Avanti, and I've been practicing for about a year now... do a lot of charity quilts!!!
    Justme

Those of you that have a Tin Lizzie or a Juki, can you tell me about what it costs to get the complete outfit??? Are there tidbits you can share about how to keep costs to the bare minimum? What about thread and other supplies for it? Trying to see if it's economical for me to buy one.
    Karen in Kentucky

I am a new LA owner. I bought an A-1 with 12' table. I'm busy practising. I bought a bunch of panto's, so I have lots of variety. I've always been pretty decent with free motion and I'd love to just do that until I'm better at control. There is a definite learning curve. I had 3 quilts to quilt and asked my LAer and she told me $300 for the quilt I wanted some special something done to it. She priced me right out of using her. That's when I decided I needed a LA. I won't be doing quilts for others, it's just for me.
    Judi in Ohio

I have a Voyager 17 on a stretch Hinty frame. Luv it! I only do quilting for myself, cause doing it for others would be a job and take the fun out of it!

I have a Tin Lizzie . Just for personal use.

My DH got me a janome 1600p and grace quilt frame for Christmas. Still working out the bugs. I have had it about 3 weeks. I am having trouble with my needle threader, can't get the hang of it!!!!

I have a first generation TinLizzie 18. I've had it for 6 years and only do my own quilts for the most part. When asked if I quilt for others my response is, "I don't want that kind of pressure." Now that I have my own, I have a greater respect for the ladies who used to do my longarm quilting.
    johans, Michigan's UP, Hiawatha National Forest West

I have a TinLizzie18. I love it! I can usually get a queen sized quilt in and out of the frame the same day. I don't quilt mine as close or dense as others do, but it works for me! (Not judging others quilting style, just like my own style)
    Jeanie

the hq 16 love it!

I have the Janome Artistic Quilter 18, just like a Tin Lizzie, just love it so much!

i have a HQ 16 on my wish list

I have a Nolting Fun Quilter 17 inch and I make baby quilts and donate them to a local children's cancer hospital If I had to quilt the quilts on my regular sewing machine, I would not be having the pleasure of donating to a worthy cause. I just did a queen size for my great grandaughter who just turned 3 in January and have another queen about ready to be put on the Hinderberg frame. I had wanted a quilting machine since 1983, I just got it last April and I'm so happy to be able to produce the quilt from start to finish.

I have an HQ Sweet Sixteen sit down version. Love it!!

Kathie

Blog Entries
    I do not have my own, but do rent one at a LQS for $18/hr.
    Go forth and sew!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast