Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Denver >

Denver

Denver

Old 04-02-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
Quilterpurpledog, you made me curious . What is unique about Holly’s Quilt Cabin’s business model?
I think she was referring to Wooden Spools. as being unique. It is actually at 2805 S Broadway Englewood, CO. Maybe just a block south of the city line. I have lived in south Denver for .... oh, lets, just say a long time. According to https://www.woodenspools.com/about-us/ (Not affiliated with link) they buy "stash fabric" and I think they might have a line of new fabric, I have heard of people trying to find fabric to finish a quilt and hadn't been able to find a "proper match" until finding something that would work there. It has been quite a while since I have actually been in there.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 04-02-2019 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Not affiliated with link
Old 04-03-2019, 03:00 AM

Don't miss the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, just outside Denver in Golden. They always have very interesting exhibits. The gift shop is small but sells nice reproduction fabrics.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:14 AM

check quiltinghub.com
Old 04-03-2019, 03:28 AM

My reference to an unusual business model was about Wooden Spools. These ladies buy back fabric from people who have decided they do not want to use it. It must be new and unwashed. Then, they catagorize it on the shelves and re-sell it. They clearly state, by signs, fabric that is quilt store quality and that which came from discount stores. I have found great fabric there. They also do this with yarn. They give classes, have demonstrations, sew-in days. It is a happy place.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:20 AM

I checked this previous list. Great American and Harriets have been closed for several years now.

My go to quilt stores are:
Creative Needle - medium sized store stuffed full of fabrics. Huge selection of batiks-solids, + more.
Wooden Spools - quilterpurpledog gave a very clear and concise explanation of this store.

Both if these stores are located in the suburbs of Denver.

My other “go to” store is NaLa’s in Fountain. It is located about 1.5 hr South of Denver (20 min South of Colorado Springs). Smaller store, great variety of fabrics.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:33 AM

Google quilt shop in Colorado and you will get a list and also guilds. In
Denver there are shops on the same street. The Great American Quilt Factory closed several years ago. Welcome to Co and have fun.