Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas???? >

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Old 12-26-2014, 05:18 AM

No quilting gifts. We decided to save our money for a trip to Alabama this spring. I told my husband I bought him a small gift (the kind of mittens where the end folds back to expose fingers which he likes). He said "i thought we said no gifts". Well, Christmas morning he trots out with a package: Red Door perfume.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:27 AM

We haven't exchanged gifts yet for Christmas. Will do that today. I most likely will get some. My birthday is on Christmas however and for my birthday I got some new blades for my rotary cutter. Now I don't have to hesitate about changing out the one that has a nick in it and leaves one or two threads uncut at even intervals. Most aggravating! I also got a fabric gift card. Love those fabric gift cards.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:28 AM

My kind of gift, Lynnie. My son always gives me a JA gift card, and he will be here tomorrow - so I am gathering my JA coupons now .
Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
wow, sounds like you're ready to go. I got a total of $170 in JA's gift cards. you know where i'll be tomorrow, coupons in hand.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:53 AM

I am a Jim Shore collector -not fanatically, just casual,anyway....DD-1 a cute miniature sewing machine on one of those "hook/bases", I also collect pincushions--- a cute teapot from JAF collection, DD-2-a kitchen calendar with monthly pics of 'quilt-square' barn scenes.......oh, also a cute tree ornament of a tiny cat(my weakness) sitting on a pincushion.......
Old 12-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

A few of the gifts I got were not used in quilting but are related to sewing. I got a pin that was gold and a spool of thread with a needle in it and a chain hanging down with a heart on it (I love sewing). Another one I got was pewter and had a measuring tape with a spool of thread, pair of scissors, buttons and a sewing machine hanging from the tape. And lastly I got a silver bracelet with needle, scissors, sewing machine and buttons hanging like a charm bracelet. Merry CHRISTmas to all of you.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:59 AM

I gave myself a new computer for my Sewing Room, my next gift to myself will be EQ7. For my birthday in November, I gave myself a new Sewing Machine. I was quite good me this past year.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tumdarra View Post
My hubby also did great, I have a Janome 1600 for my main machine and have been complaining that it is so heavy to take to classes so he ...such a sweetie...got me the 3160.......how nice is that
That's awesome! That's my travel machine too and it's a fantastic machine, sews wonderfully and has all those "whistles & bells" I've gotten hooked on. Your DH definitely did good!

My Christmas was slightly quilty! I got an early gift this year of a Singer Rocketeer, which is a machine I've drooled over since before I was even into sewing, so that was super cool. Then on Christmas day he gave me a rolling case for taking my travel machine to classes (yaay!), and then I got a 3-D hexagon template in my stocking. Both of those were things on my wish list so that was nice, and I've been really needing that rolling case so I'm looking forward to using it for my January classes!
Old 12-26-2014, 06:16 AM
dd

I kept hinting that I wanted a quilting machine. I got a mattress instead.lol Guess that is more important. I bought myself some batiks for a quilt I'll be starting soon. My son and dil gave me a rotating cutting mat - which I asked for. My daughter bought me a book for the new quilt. A friend gave me 4 fat 1/4s folded to look like a pine tree. Too cute. My mil gave me 2 subscriptions to quilting magazines. My husband actually picked out perfume for me and my dad gave me a country ham and cut it up. But the best present was Christmas Eve when my son played and sang at church and later my dil signed while another lady sang. My daughter and her family were there. My dad and mil are home from hospitals. I gave quilts to all my 3 siblings this year. It was the best Christmas I have had in a long, long time.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:36 AM

my Darling Daughter and Son-in-Law gave me three day passes to Road To California (really big quilt show) and she has made reservations for us at one of the hotels that border the venue...........I am still in shock
Old 12-26-2014, 06:44 AM

My daughter gave me a lovely sewing basket filled with goodies. There were 6 fat quarters, applique pins and needles, a purple thang, Mary Ellen's Best Press, 3 thimbles and an adorable little light that fits on your finger. All useful things that I didn't have or could definitely use. She did a great job with her choices.