Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you gift anything quilty to yourself? >

Did you gift anything quilty to yourself?

Did you gift anything quilty to yourself?

Old 12-26-2013, 06:01 AM

I received a few notions that I was requesting on my list. I also received enough money to buy a special sewing table I am lookin at, Kangaroo Tasmanian cutting / sewing table. Am almost crazy trying to make up my mind. I was also looking at the sew perfect table. Anyone have either of these tables?
Old 12-26-2013, 06:19 AM

I went to the used book store and found a book on machine quilting techniques -- looked like something I could learn to do!!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:39 AM

Yes, I bought myself a thread holder from Superior Threads, and I'm in love with it! No more pulling up off the spool when the thread gets low.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:22 AM

I belong to a great family of enablers. They gave me JoAnn's gift cards!! Hi ho it's off to shop I go! lol
Old 12-26-2013, 07:31 AM

Yes went to joann fab and bought the bolt of w&n that was 50% off. Looked at other "cotton" batting that was there, but just don't trust any of it....never had a prob w/w&n so why switch........
Old 12-26-2013, 07:59 AM

My husband got me a Juki F600 and everyone else gave me money to put towards all the little extras I could possibly desire! Also got two kits from Connecting Threads! Now if I can just manage to find the time to play...
Old 12-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Since my birthday is also in December, I have to make sure and differentiate between the two so that I always get two gifts from my DH. For my birthday, I got the circular attachment for my Bernina 440 and have been having fun doing circles. I have made a bunch of coasters / hot pot holders. One of my bosses always gives me a birthday gift, so I purchased the #55 leather foot (of course, I waited until the accessories were on sale). For Christmas, my son's family gave me a GC to the LQS. With that and the gifts my bosses gave me, I will be able to get 3 other feet (couching, FM couching and pintucks) and have enough left over to pay for a retreat I am planning to attend in April.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:53 AM

This is the first year I have not bought something quilty for myself for Christmas. I gave my hubby my list and he did wonderfully. He bought the binding foot/attachment for my Bernina when it was on sale, ordered an LED light strip to go on my sewing machine (this is the first time he has ordered online without my help), and got me a Rowenta DG5030 Pro Iron Steam Station. I am a very lucky girl!!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:58 AM

I ordered a bolt of batting before Christmas. I plan to finish more of my UFO's hanging in my closet (about a dozen). Then my DH gave me cash for Christmas and stressed that I was to spend it on myself. No problem!!! I went to bed last night with images of fabric dancing in my head. Then I woke up to tons of eMails from shops enticing me to spend spend spend. I had to stop reading the ads. lol I have to think before I spend, but the sales are wonderful. I am thinking of buying the Horizon 7700 while the financing is interest free. My Janome is about 11 years old, and I love her. I don't NEED a new machine, but I WANT one. Is that enough reason to get a new machine? I keep thinking about all the things I would have to learn to use the new machine!!
Sue
Old 12-26-2013, 11:06 AM

I asked DH for a Gift Certificate to the LQS so I could put it towards paying for my Spring Quilt Retreat. I know he hates shopping anyway and often gets me a Gift Card so I made it even easier by telling him where I wanted a Gift Card for. He gave me a Gift Card for that LQS and I went there today and used it to pay for my Spring Retreat. My mother gave me some cash for Xmas so I spent that there because they had 30% off everything today. Got some fabric to make myself a throw quilt. (I hardly make quits for myself--seems they are always given away as gifts to other people--like the 5 quilts I made for people for Xmas gifts).