Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you gift anything quilty to yourself? >

Did you gift anything quilty to yourself?

Did you gift anything quilty to yourself?

Old 12-26-2013, 12:37 PM

I bought myself a Scallops, Vines and Waves ruler from Missouri Star Quilt company on their recent daily special. No one in my family has any idea about or interest in quilts stuff. My quilty friend gave me a neat pattern book, though, and I got her a speciality ruler.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:48 PM

My daughter is a seamstress, she makes costumes for Anime conventions. So her stocking stuffers were several packs of machine needles in various sizes/types and a dozen bobbins for her machine. We run a home for geriatric Berninas, there are two 930s and 1031. Here's a picture of my 930.
My gift to me was a pack of FQs and more bobbins for my White Rotary treadle machine. Also the time to sew on Christmas day while the roast was in the oven, DH was at work all day fixing telephone related issues.
Sharon
Attached Thumbnails peg-board-bernina-930-001.jpg  
Old 12-26-2013, 02:14 PM

My DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and at the time I wasn't ready to even think about it. My quilting friend and I went to a jewelry store a couple of weeks ago, and I saw this ring. She was the one looking for ear rings for her daughter, but she went to my DH. She told him that I really liked this diamond ring. Which I really don't want another ring, he comes to me on Christmas Eve, and tells me its time to go and get the ring. Needless to say I turned him down!!!!!!!!! I told him I was waiting for the fabric sales at the LQS. I got an envelope with enough money to keep me busy for a longgggggggggg time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's the best DH!! I've had him for almost 57 yrs., and I want to keep him another 57...
Old 12-26-2013, 06:13 PM

My brother and I decided not to exchange gifts this year (we are seniors) instead told each other to spend the money on ourselves from each other. So this year I got enough fabric to make a quilt for the grandson. What a nice gift from my brother
Old 12-26-2013, 06:25 PM

Oh, I've been very gifted! Dh bought me a Viking serger. I bought fabric and thread from connecting threads sale, and I will have a full day with Ricky Tim's in January! I feel like it's a first date, giggle, giggle!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:46 PM

I got an Accuquilt Go! A few dies to go with it, 2 templates and some papers for paper piecing. :-) and my dad gave me cash since he hates to set foot in a craft store. I'm thinking about using it for a whole bolt of white since I use it so much for backgrounds.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:29 PM

I did not buy myself anything, but put several quilting related notions on my Christmas list and got some things I can hardly wait to try out. I got one of those long rulers with the rotary cutter attached so I can cut wof with just one fold. Can hardly wait to try it.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:29 PM

I got an Accuquilt Go! as well, and have spent some time tonight cranking through little scraps. I love it, and each piece is perfect, with the little dog ear cut off. Sure bests my wonky rotary cutting!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:45 PM

I gave my husband the Hancock's ad with the Brother machine I wanted and circled it in black and told him not to let the salespeople talk him into another model! He did well, I wanted a real light weight machine to take to quilt club meetings and quilt classes so I got the Brother that weighs 14 pounds. All I need it to do is so seams. It is model CS-770.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:26 PM

I took advantage of the Joann's sale and bought several dies for my recently-acquired Accuquilt GO.