Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you hear me hit the wall? >

Did you hear me hit the wall?

Did you hear me hit the wall?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
The end is in sight if I don't flip out first. If I even begin to feel this ambitious towards Christmas 2012, someone please just kick me in the butt. Thanks for letting me vent and I'm certain I'm not the only one feeling like this.
Yep. I heard you all the way over here in Oz. Am even about to join you in hitting the wall. i keep telling myself the secret is to make one thing every month from January through to November. Do I do this? well I haven't yet however 2012 might just be the year I follow through given this years poorer than poor performance.

Maybe1day
Old 12-17-2011, 02:21 PM

Hi all and Happy holidays. I am reporting back in that after hitting the wall, I've recovered and all that's left is hand sewing the binding on a lap quilt. Must be all the support, laughs, wine and chocolate that got me through this. Nice to know I wasn't alone in my self-induced misery. Note to self to start in September instead of October next year.....maybe.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:14 PM

In this family, we wrap up unfinished projects. Then they know you were trying.... Last year, my daughter made a necklace with tiny wooden spools of thread, quilting charms, and beads for me. The clasps weren't on yet, because she wanted to make sure on length before tying the ribbons on. Afterwards, I kept asking, where's my necklace. She finally went at it in November, so I could wear it to my November quilting group.

I've got a Santa cross stitch that isn't going to be finished by the 25th. I'm not even going to feel bad. This is for the son, who never gets any house projects done until his dad goes over to motivate him.

Of course, I always welcome a good deadline to be a great motivator.