Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you hear me hit the wall? >

Did you hear me hit the wall?

Did you hear me hit the wall?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:04 AM

Whoa! Slow down and enjoy the journey! Isn't that what quilting is all about? Figure out what all projects need to be done yet. Pick a few that you can easily finish. Finish them. Give the rest a Christmas card and enclose a picture of their unfinished project and tell them they'll get it before Easter. You'll enjoy making it more and they'll get a better looking gift because you didn't have to rush to finish it.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:04 AM

My problem is that I did not get started soon enough or work on things often enough to get finished. Maybe next year
Old 12-15-2011, 06:23 AM

I continually do this to myself. I HATE, HATE, HATE doing ANYTHING under pressure!!! You'd think I'd learn, but I never seem to. The "hurrier" I go, the "behinder" I get!!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 AM

I hit my wall too, only it was the one in the ER. thought I had a TIA, but doc says...STRESS. came home looked at my room which due to a son moving back looked like an episode from Hoarders and said...enough.........fixing my room to be a sewing room/ bedroom, backed off on a few projects for a bit and feel much better. smile.. Merry christmas to you all, or what ever holiday you celebrate in lyour home. May it be a great one and a wonderful quilting new year to everyone.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

I did it too! More than once I think!! We are ever hopeful that we have the time to work on all of our masterpieces, then spend lots of time in a hurry at the last minute! But I think I left my Wonder Woman outfit in the closet somewhere...........
Old 12-15-2011, 07:44 AM

I'm with Betty ... I'm gonna finish what was supposed to be this years gifts (ain't gonna happen) for next year ... hopefully .... maybe .... probably not LOL

Suzy
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
T.

Default Your dog looks just like mine

Originally Posted by JulieR View Post
Oi, I thought the thud was me! We'll get through it - the great thing is IT HAS AN END. And the end is near. Breathe in, breathe out, and don't forget to have some wine BEFORE you FMQ! :P
Is your dog as bossy as mine? Mine is 10 years old, she's so sweet, but very bossy at the same time.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 AM

We thought we were doing great & we finally got everything shipped & most at their destinations already! The very day we shipped our last 4 boxes we get a message from a young lady saying her 12 yr old is our grandson & he'd like to get to know his family on his dad's side. Surprise!!! We now have 3 children, 16 grandchildren, 8 great grandchildren & three more on the way. I love them all, but whoa!!! Coming up with fresh ideas every year is as bad as trying to finish them all! LOL! I promised this one a small quilt some time next year.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:35 PM

Now I know why my windows shook, you were hitting the wall. Boy am I ever there this year. I underwent another operation on the 5th. and having some complications so not quilting and worrying that I'll never finish.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:55 PM

Oh that was the sound I heard! Wheww, I thought I backed into the garage wall.

Just as FYI for wanting to make things in January for your Christmas presents. I tried to buy presents throughout the year a few years ago. I forgot that I had some. The ones I found, I couldn't imagine why I bought them or for whom.
I could see this very difficulty for me. I'd look at what I made and say to myself, that's not what I want to give them for Christmas, "what was I thinking?"