Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you hear me hit the wall? >

Did you hear me hit the wall?

Did you hear me hit the wall?

Old 12-15-2011, 04:39 AM

The best of all plans.......Every year I vow to do it differently. THIS year, I've decided to decide what to make in Jan. do all the ideas and brain storming, then assign a set number of projects for each month. Worth a shot. Man plans, God laughs.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:43 AM

Yep, I heard you...or somebody hit the wall. I'll bet there are a bunch of us who are at the same place right now. I planned to start my gifts in October, became very ill and finally was faced with either shopping for gifts or calling Christmas off. I finally made a few sets of mug rugs, bought cute mugs and baked dozens of cookies. The kids will love them "because G'Ma made them". They are insulted when I buy their gifts. I'm starting next years gifts in January too!!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:14 AM

I am also right there along with you! I thought that it would get better once I finished classes for this quarter, nope, working more! Just have to keep telling myself I'm not superwoman!! Why do we put so much pressure on ourselves? Not sure there is an answer, other than we want it to be perfect! Well, have a Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:20 AM

Hang in there... I know how you feel... you will get done what needs to be done... if not at Christmas give the folks a note saying your gift is coming in January!!
True friends will understand..
hugs
quiltinmama
Old 12-15-2011, 05:21 AM

I almost hit that wall last night. I'm working on binding 9 potholders, but one corner decided not to cooperate last night and I had to rip it out 3 times to get it right. Just a few more to do, I'll be done before Christmas but I'm feeling a little stressed and want the project to be over NOW. Time to take a deep breath and grab a beer.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:34 AM

Well, I feel your pain as well. I had many plans myself and the projects lined up....BUT....my machine is in the shop right now ( 18 days so far)...nothing dramatic as far as I know, just regular check up and maintance. Not good timing, but was the only chance to get it in since my closest dealer is now over 100 miles away. My next chance to take it in was no where in the near future and it had already been well over 2 years since her check up and upgrade. BOOHOO!!!
I know my DH will be glad for me to have her back as well....these withdrawals are a frustration for sure!
The good side to this situation......I am getting my house clean! hahahahaha
Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 AM

We make things for those we love and we love quilting so it is a natural gift. It's just that we have so many people to share our love with!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 AM

So glad to hear that I'm not on my own. Thank you to all my quilting sisters. One and a half labels and I'm finished. Just stopped for a drink and thought I'd check in. Have told DH that once I've been to Post Office in the morning I'm going to flop in my recliner and stay put. God bless him he actually understands this time. I feel like I've been chained to my machine for the past few weeks.
Oh well, back to the labels.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:48 AM

I decided a couple of years ago, to no longer "do" Christmas madness. I make hand made gifts
for my brood all year long but they don't show up at Christmas. I just give them out when they
are done. Christmas is now a nice dinner, a few small gifts (socks, chocolates, mitts) and some
$ which my young adult kids gleefully spend at the Boxing Day Sales after Christmas on clothes
and electronics. For the first time in years, I am almost enjoying Christmas and I know there
will be no exchanges or complaints that it doesn't fit or is the wrong colour.

Last edited by Shelbie; 12-15-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:57 AM

Oh my goodness I can so relate to all of your replies. They are quite funny and I have enjoyed reading them this morning though. Luckily for me I am almost done. I finally finished my first quilt, just a little rag one for my granddaughter. But its finally finished. Now I am busy making an apron for my daughter in law, and I will only have one pair of pj's left to do. It took me much longer than I anticipated to make the quilt. Luckily I did not decide to do more.