Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did you know you were quilting with me last night? >

Did you know you were quilting with me last night?

Did you know you were quilting with me last night?

Old 12-17-2010, 05:45 PM

So that's why I was soooo tired this morning.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:09 PM

I have learned alot from all of you on this post. I have been up many a nights also. I love you all
Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 PM

Great post! I'm a newbie to this site, but know already I'm going to love it - quilters are the best people.
And, BTW, thanks for not waking all of us as "we" spent the night quilting!
Old 12-17-2010, 06:15 PM

Please tell me about your best friend, Mr. Basting Spray - not yet acquainted & must meet him.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:09 PM

I just bought some basting spray today. Have not used it yet but after reading all the posts I was so impressed and I knew it was something that I would not be able to live without. Now to get something done so I can use it if I stay off the comoputer long enough.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:11 PM

That was a fun night and glad you found all your solutions.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:12 PM

awww ... shucks! <g> You would have done the same for us! It is the only thing "civilized" people can do.
What a great story! So glad that you are having good success on your quilting adventure.
Having been "online" for more than a decade, I can say with great certainty that this is one of the finest information boards on the net ...
another cool feature is the chat room ... there is almost someone there all of the time, and those chatters seem to love to problem solve - - I have even had them help me with one of my dogs' mental problem ...
Just a very good board, and you did a good thing by letting everyone know how helpful they have been! <wave>
Old 12-17-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Did you know you were quilting with me last night? Yes - all of you. I was working on my current project last night & with it being the first quilt that I am binding, rather than sewing envelope style, I had lots of questions & some problems.

First problem I encountered was that I discovered I did not have enough fabric for my backing. So, I rushed over to the computer, did a search here for pieced backings, got some great ideas from you, and pieced my backing to my liking.

Then, I found that the piece of Warm & Natural batting I had was not wide enough. (are you seeing a common theme here? Note to self: buy extra!) No problem, searched again, found out how you have pieced backing together, followed your instructions & my batting was perfect.

Then, ready to start sandwiching my quilt top, batting, and backing, I searched again, made note of your tips and techniques, and armed with my can of Basting Spray (my new best friend!), I basted my quilt together! Easy peasy! What was I so afraid of?

Tonight I will be doing the quilt stitching & binding, so stop on by if you would like to quilt with me again. Hopefully I will have some pictures posted on Friday.

So, thank you for being there with me last night. Oh, and in case you didn't realize it, you pulled an all nighter. We were so into quilting that we didn't go to bed until 4am!
Your mail hit the nail right on the head! You have all been so helpful to me- the last quilt that I quilted myself came out so much better with all of your help. Thanks everyone!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 PM

All nighter for you too? I am glad everyone was so helpful to you, they are great here, and even funny sometimes(lol). I know the banter on here encourages me a lot of the time.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 PM

If you're still sewing tonight, I'll be there!