Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Different places you sew >

Different places you sew

Different places you sew

Old 05-31-2010, 05:34 PM

I mostly sew in my sewing room but I like to take hand work out to the living room to work on while I watch tv with DH. sometimes I take my quilt hoop out in the living room so DH won't get lonely. I always have a project I take in the car with me.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:50 PM

It's nice to learn people sew everywhere. That's what I do. I just finished a quilt while sitting at a picnic table under the pergola. Oh, so beautiful. A friend and I will soon move our cutting tables outside and begin a joint project.

On vacation earlier, we sewed on the balcony of the condo until late at night. We could hear the ocean and feel the breezes. The best!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:57 PM

Mostly sew in my sewing room but can find reasons to sew in other rooms as the need arises Umm like now I have a hard time getting into the sewing room. It really needs to be cleaned again.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:59 PM

I sew in my dining room now. It is nice and bright in there. My kids are gone so I may turn one of their bedrooms into a sewing room. I have an idea on what I want to do so one day I will have a nice room to sew in. Looking at some of the sewing rooms it is giving me ideas. Keep showing your quilting rooms so I can dream.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:13 AM

I used to have a sewing room. :-( :-( I sew everywhere too (boat,outside in car, doc's office...) now am retired and live in an effiency, one room. Only bedroom and living room. No dining room. :-( No dining table. :-( But I do have a little desk area in my kitchen area. Have my computer and sewing machine set up there. Have to move things around alot, but feel very blessed to have my little place. Don't have a big area to clean !! :-D :-D
Old 06-01-2010, 06:44 AM

Ok, since you asked. I've sewn in a lot of places but maybe the stangest is at church. We have 2 services and my husband sometimes plays in both services so rather than take 2 cars I just pack up my stuff. I attend the first service and then head to a room off the main sanctuary. Its run to have people stop by to weigh in on my latest project and my machine and I just hum along happily to the hymns. I think God smiles when I come to HIS house to sew! :)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954

Gee, that sounds like fun. You sew. He cooks. Great plan.
You know what, he's been cooking for us now for over a year, and it IS wonderful! Turns out he's a better cook than I ever was...and I thought I was good. Now, if he starts quilting I guess I'll have to look out! :-D

Originally Posted by puck116
Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
We have a patio with an adjoining koi pond.
Wow! What a view. Can I come too?
I would LOVE it! :-D Get on over here!

Originally Posted by Sewslow

You must live in a different part of the Pacific NW than I do. I have to suit up to go to the mailbox and am close to holding an umbrella over DH so he can BBQ outside instead of smoking up the house with the broiler. The way it's raining this year, I wouldn't have dry time to plug in my machine.
I live north of Woodinville a few miles, and YES, it has been raining a lot this past week. But, within a few weeks we'll find some great weather and then we'll be playing outside...can't wait! :D
Old 06-01-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
Redneck? That is funny! I sew wherever works for me. My home is my castle ;-)
This way to funnnny! I am a Redneck as said "my home, is my castle". The only thing I don't like to do is set up a project in fear that the "grandchildren" will pop in & be in their way (accidents do happen). You go girl, if I had a porch that is where I would be.....
Old 06-01-2010, 07:05 AM

Once when Grandma came up to visit and I stayed with her for the night, I took all my denim squares with me and pinned my rows together right in the hotel room. I've also cut and pinned together binding strips in the car...my friends weren't too happy when I dropped all my pins and had missed a few during the cleaning process.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

I have a screened back porch with ceiling fan. But being in the South, no way I'd sew there after May, too hot and humid. It's nice in the spring and fall.