Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Different places you sew >

Different places you sew

Different places you sew

Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 AM

I sew on our deck at the property we have about 2 hrs from home. One time I was sewing and had a turkey, under the bird feeder, about 10 ft from where I was sewing. When I ran the machine, the turkey ate! When I stopped the machine the turkey looked up! Guess I like to quilt with the turkeys!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:15 PM

Too funny - quilting with the turkeys!! I'd love to have a shady outdoor area in which to quilt. I sometimes sit outside to plan my next project. But for the most part, I am inside something - the house, an office while I wait for an appointment, the car (on a long drive I hand piece or quilt.)

Enjoy the scenery, those of you who can be outside! It sounds like many of you can indulge in that.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:18 PM

Well first of all, I love the porch on the photo of the house you have on your profile! I used to have an old frame house in North Texas with a wrap around porch and I never thought of sewing on it! "Cool" idea though! My ex-husband made me and our three kids live without an indoor air conditoner and sewing on the porch would have been great! I just opened some windows in the house, turned on a big osollating fan and the kids and I took two cool baths a day to keep cool.
I don't think sewing on the porch is Redneck at all and if anything, you might drum up some business and surely curious neighbors! Sew where your comfortable! I love you already!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 PM

On the road again, anywhere I can. At home, in a small corner of the pantry or anywhere I can
Old 06-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Now that picture would make a beautiful art quilt. Mind if I try it?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:31 PM

At the moment my sewing area is in the back basement.. but have sewn in the kitchen and dining room as well. I think sewing outside would be a nice feature once the sun has move around and the back is shaded! A nice thought for nice days.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Wow! You have a great sewing area.

I can't wait to take my latest project, a wedding quilt, and my sewing machine out to the patio/pergola.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Banned

I just started quilting, but I have sewed in the living room, kitchen, dining room. I just got a sewing room when we lost our house. Did not even have a chance to set it up. God bless. Penny
Old 06-08-2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
We have a patio with an adjoining koi pond. This summer my sewing buddy is coming over and we're going to move it all out to the patio for the weekend. Maybe do some fabric inking out there too!

Hubby will be BBQ'ing for us....Can't wait! :)
What a beautiful setting!!!! Have fun!!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by meme40
Well first of all, I love the porch on the photo of the house you have on your profile! I used to have an old frame house in North Texas with a wrap around porch and I never thought of sewing on it! "Cool" idea though! My ex-husband made me and our three kids live without an indoor air conditoner and sewing on the porch would have been great! I just opened some windows in the house, turned on a big osollating fan and the kids and I took two cool baths a day to keep cool.
I don't think sewing on the porch is Redneck at all and if anything, you might drum up some business and surely curious neighbors! Sew where your comfortable! I love you already!
Lots of love right back at you! I would sew on a table where the swing is and run an extension cord through the window. I think I'm really going to do it this weekend. Even if it rains, there is enough cover to keep me completely dry!