Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed at Joann's >

Disappointed at Joann's

Disappointed at Joann's

Old 09-20-2011, 12:25 PM

I especially lik Moda marbled black-goes with pretty much everything
Old 09-20-2011, 12:34 PM

I`ve been told, and I believe that Joann`s had a big change in product, pricing & coupons. I also find it hard to use the coupons, the material seems cheaper and I don`t have as much fun there. Was tickled pink when I found my Wal-Mart was getting material in. Saw 10 or 12 bolts there, but was told they still had to get a cutting table. Yesterday I ask where the material was, as the cutting table was there, and was told they decided not to carry it after all. What a bummer.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 PM

Michael Miller Jet Black is my all time favorite..makes all other blacks pale in comparison
Old 09-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Joann coupons anymore are a joke. they have them but than put 99% of everything already on sale. even its a 10% discount. Fo the coupons are unless since they can't be used on anything on sale or big priced items
Old 09-20-2011, 01:57 PM

I just used three coupons after work. Didn't buy really expensive items but bought items I needed and it helped. I love to use Sugar and Cream cotton yarn for washcloths and the price has gone up again. Nice to use a coupon to get it. (That's my latest addiction or therapy, depending on how you look at it, knitting washcloths).
Old 09-20-2011, 02:44 PM

Actually they can be used on sale items but you need to ensure that they are the correct ones.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:33 PM

If you are on their mailing list you can get 20-40% off total purchase. I use this to get large amounts of fusible interfacing and fusible web. I also usually check their "bargain" area and was lucky enough to find an embroidered fabric that became my daughter's girlfriend's marriage quilt
Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do
I just used three coupons after work. Didn't buy really expensive items but bought items I needed and it helped. I love to use Sugar and Cream cotton yarn for washcloths and the price has gone up again. Nice to use a coupon to get it. (That's my latest addiction or therapy, depending on how you look at it, knitting washcloths).
I double it and knit potholders! That stuff washes so well!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:02 PM

I ordered this last year and love it. It definitely is a true black and good quality - price is right!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:23 PM

Back to Joann's -- since they were bought by that investment company I have had a hard time finding any fabric I am willing to buy and the prices have gone way up. I still get my rotary blades there, and a few other supplies (batting and interfacing), but I have been steering clear of the rest. I don't mind the bad fabric since it helps me stick to my fabric diet, but it is really sad.

Thanks for the heads up about the MM jet black -- I will get it when I get low on what I have.