Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed, please help. >

Disappointed, please help.

Disappointed, please help.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:43 PM

She probably would want you to take the quilt to her and let her fix it to please you rather than for you to say nothing about it and be dissatisfied. When you take a quilt to be quilted by someone else, you'll be better satisfied with the result if you tell the quilter exactly what you want done. She'll have patterns to choose from and should let YOU decide how the quilt should be finished. You've put too much work (and money) into that pretty quilt to be unhappy with it. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:52 PM

As a longarm quilter, I want my customers to be pleased with what I do for them. Did you talk to her about the quilting you wanted when you took it to her? I would suggest taking it back to her, telling her you are disappointed with the amount of quilting on this quilt and ask her to add more quilting to the quilt so it will hold together with the use it will get. She could do the same squiggly lines going in the opposite direction to make a grid which would help hold everything together. It is easy to put a quilt like this back on the frame and fix it.

Most of a quilter's advertising is word of mouth and if a quilter wants to stay in business, they need to listen to their customers and give them what they want. Personally, I would rather over-quilt a bit then to under-quilt a quilt. Please give your quilter a chance to rectify this situation. I've had a customer return a quilt that I just flat missed a corner of echo quilting on...I felt stupid, but immediately fixed it and now she brings all of her quilts to me to quilt. We want you to be happy with our work and your quilt, and if this was me, I would feel awful that you weren't happy and would want you to make me aware of your displeasure so I could make it better.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:39 PM

What a beautiful quilt. Your choice of colours is wonderful. I am only new at the quilting game but would look at getting extra quilting done to strengthen it so it could stand up to all the loving it's going to get.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

A beautiful quilt, I wouldn't trust anyone to quilt my quilts. I quilt my own.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM

If there is less than a hand - width between each line of quilting it is quite adequate.If you over - quilt it will become quite stiff.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:53 PM

I agree, you have an eye for color. Love what you did with it. I think I would at least stitch in the ditch to help keep the batting in place.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:01 PM

The same thing happened to me ....I had a sampler quilt and I really hated the way she did it. Oh well, thats why I am trying to learn to quilt it myself.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:15 PM

Your quilt is gorgeous & I can see why you're disappointed with the quilting on it. I have quilted on a long arm for at least 15 years & I can say that I definitely would want to know if you were unhappy with my work. I have actually refunded money for a bad blooper I made on a quilt. I felt so bad about it because you just can't replace a quilt & once the damage was done, it couldn't be undone. I cried right along with my customer.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:27 PM

I think I would take the advice of the professional long arm quilters, just talk to her. There is a huge difference sometimes between what we think we say and what people hear. It would be easier for her to do a fix using the same machine and thread than for you to try to match what she has done. It's a lovely quilt, what ever you opt to do I'm sure it will be well loved. I think the heart idea was great!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Banned

I would contact the quilter, and ask her to redo or add more. God bless.