Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed >

Disappointed

Disappointed

Old 03-11-2013, 08:03 PM

Love Tater Patch, I used to go to the Sisters Quilt Show every year or so with a few friends -- but we haven't made it up there in the last few years. When we did go, we always made the detour to Tater Patch on the way home (saved some money so we could do a little damage there).
Old 03-11-2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS View Post
If I lived 125 miles from a fabric store, I'd either use mail order or move! You must love your ranch! Please post pictures of it!
Yes, I love our ranch! It is hard being so far from conveniences, but you learn to do without or make do with what you have. The closest grocery store is 20 miles away, so I have to plan ahead and stock up on nonperishables. Unfortunately, a trip to WalMart every three months is usually a BIG trip to WalMart. Ok, here is one little portion of our ranch. This is a pic of the main part of the ranch. Enjoy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]401312[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM

I work in a nursing home and told the girls that if I am ever put in one to keep me supplied with fabric --- TO KEEP ME CALM!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM

WOW!! Beautiful picture! What a view!!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 AM

Thank you for posting the picture! Beautiful!! I know how you feel although I don't live that far from a fabric store. But my favorite store was right on my way home from work and they closed. It was my stress reliever at the end of very busy days. Now I have to plan to go to a fabric store. Can't wait for the Lancaster show this week,
Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by mountain deb View Post
I work in a nursing home and told the girls that if I am ever put in one to keep me supplied with fabric --- TO KEEP ME CALM!
I work in one too. I already have my room picked out -- one with room for all my plastic bins of fabric. And if they can make room for people to do puzzles I can have a table to sew. Lol
Old 03-12-2013, 06:24 AM

You ladies made me laugh with your description of "petting the fabrics". I do that too; I just didn't know it had a name! I feel like I'm in good company. Beautiful ranch, BTW.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy Osterby View Post
I know how it is to be so far from nearest fabric store---I'm in Lewistown,Mt and closest 1 is in Billings, Mt 125 miles away. Definitly make a day of shopping when I go!
Question for you. My son lives in Lewistown, Mt. and there used to be a small quilt shop on main street. I bought some fabric there. It was small but I liked her fabric choices. I also shopped at Great Falls at the quilt shop called something like "quilt away". Are these all gone or do you do your shopping in Billings??
Old 03-12-2013, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS View Post
If I lived 125 miles from a fabric store, I'd either use mail order or move! You must love your ranch! Please post pictures of it!
LOL! I was thinking the same thing, if I lived over 120 miles from a fabric store I'd move! LOL! In fact I used to live 20 miles from one and I decided I had to move!

ETA: Though, looking at the pic she posted I can see how that would be hard to leave. I had nothing like that where I was before.

Last edited by mooshie; 03-12-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: I saw the pics!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
I can't remember just where it is, but I get fabric in MT from Glacier Quilts. You could check out the address online. They really treat you right
Glacier Quilts is in Kallispell, MT and it is a wonderful store. I have made several trips to it.