Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointment >

Disappointment

Disappointment

Old 11-05-2013, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tfch8184 View Post
I love the quilting on the backing. That just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I don't know what to do with it right now. I just know my head won't let me move past it till I finish it.
so why not use the back as the front? if you love it, use it. Need more color on it? there are some amazing fabric paints and colorants out there that you could add after you've washed the quilt (or use them now if you pre-washed and didn't use softener).
Old 11-05-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by sewready View Post
Don't throw it away! Always remember the old adage, "one man's trash is another man's treasure" I've told this
before, but here it is again, once while distributing quilts to a children's group we had a purple and brown donation quilt.
I thought that quilt was the ugliest thing I had ever seen and was embarrassed to add it to the pile of quilts we were
taking. As we were laying out the quilts, a little boy ran up to the purple and brown, he had huge smile on his face and he was saying, "a peanut butter and jelly quilt!". Needless to say, he claimed that quilt and cuddled in it all during the party. That "ugly" quilt made one little boy very happy.
What a great story!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Power Poster

You said your daughter loves this quilt! Let her have it - I think it would be a gteat snuggle quilt - and if it ends up on the floor now and then - so what?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:15 PM

It looks so nice and if you really think you or family member cannot use it a charity would love to have it... Believe me. Make someone at a hospice happy or a shelter...do you think those people will judge your quilting or piecing???
Old 11-05-2013, 12:39 PM

Ok first off, I'm not laughing at you...believe me....Awhile back I made a baby quilt....absolutlely hate it really I do...should have ran the second border with stripes going the other way...oh hum I didn't and I wasn't going to take it apart because there is 3 borders and they were mitered in one piece....so I left it on the design wall for weeks. Decided I better quilt it because well baby is here now as of Nov.2. So I loaded onto my longarm and there it all starts...I loaded my backing going off the rail backwards,(it's put on face down but coming off rail wrong...) that spells trouble right there...moving on, I decided to quilt each border with it's own design...I'm trying to do the robe(cable) design...ummm uggggg not working, I keep getting lost...and then I reversed the design part way down the border...Then on the next 2 borders I did another design but both the same...yeppers reversed part way down...for the center It kinda worked...so I hear your pain...but I'm not ripping and will just finish up today and bind it hopefully later and it's done...I don't think baby is going to mind...but I'm really disappointed in myself for not having better quilting abilities...sheeish So no I don't like it at all....but I do know that no matter what I think, they all like homemade stuff especially quilts....
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

I would quilt a wavy line with the same thread going the other direction. Definitely put the binding on. You are too far into it to quit now. It is really a nice quilt.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM

I would finish it. It looks FINE to me. You are too hard on yourself. when you finish it and wash it, you will be surprised how pretty it is. Don't give it away. Keep it. Then after you have made dozens you can judge whether you are doing a lot better. It is pretty right now!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:10 PM

I'm glad you carried through and finished your quilt. We usually look at our quilts way too close so we see all the issues -- once they are completed and on the bed we don't see the things that bothered us before!
Old 11-05-2013, 01:25 PM

Your finished quilt looks great! And I think putting it on your chair is the perfect thing to do!!! Well done!!

Dina
Old 11-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Wow, you are hard on yourself!Who says that the quilt has to be perfect? It is fine exactly the way it is, because that is how you made it. I have a friend like you, she worries sooo much over things that I don't even pay attention to. She called me yesterday and was sorry about something she had said to me. I told her No problem,it was no big thing.I think you are having the same problem with this quilt. You see only the bad and not the good. If you really don't want to finish this quilt, check with some of the churches in your community and see if there are a group of ladies who quilt for charity. Since it looks like a lot of the quilt has been quilted, they would be ahead of the game with a quilt that is halfway or more done. What concerns me is how negative you seem and how every thing is bad about this quilt.I have learned the most in my life when things go wrong. I then have to find a solution. It has made me think outside the box to fix the problem. What happens when something goes wrong on the next quilt.And I can just about guess something will go wrong. I wish you well with your quilting.