Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do any of you quilters also machine embroider? >

Do any of you quilters also machine embroider?

Do any of you quilters also machine embroider?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 AM

hmmmm, guess I have to decide how serious I am about digitizing - in my book these are all "investments." You and I have the same life interests (tho I add genealogy to the mix). I am a hand quilter/embroiderer who uses machine piecing and am "willing" to do machine generated labels, but the design process is what I love the most...

I just finished a set of twelve original designs for blocks of the month and for all used a light table <G> and tracing successfully to create applique patterns from photographs....

I need to think about how much I personally would need to digitize in order to reach my project goals.... thx!
Old 05-16-2009, 11:21 AM

Hi..I am new to the forum and I also like to use machine embroidery while making quilts...I am working on some Bunnycup applique block right now for a baby quilt...I have a Janome 300e and it will make a design up to 5 x 7in...It really is great to combine both quilting and embroidery...a different look.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:48 AM

yes i love to machine embroidery, i have the 350E - so much fun
Old 05-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Banned

i do and i also embroider by hand.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:58 AM

Margie,
Did you ever post any of the ME? I am at the beginner+ quilt level and I just bought the Quatro. I would like to be able to combine both.
Thank you.
Gee, originally from Western PA and a Steeler fan
Old 01-13-2012, 07:05 AM

I have a Baby lock Ellisimo, love it, also have a Baby Lock Quilter's Quest, and Baby Lock Decorator's Choice., I love them all. I like my Quest for most of my sewing at home, and my Ellisimo I use mainily for my embroidery, nice having two at home. Then for classes I use my Decorator's choice, that works for me. I was lost went my Quest went into the shop for her maintences. I had to use my embroidery machine for geneal sewing, it works very well, but I just had to change it to a regular sewing machine. I have lots of embroidery patterns, but there is always something else that you want or think you need. I have found a lot of them on Embroidery Library as well as other places.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:20 AM

I have a Brother Inovis1500D I use it all the time bor sewing and Imb so much fun...........
Old 01-13-2012, 07:23 AM

yes I do a lot of squares for baby quilts, I have a brother SE270D and will have a $4000.00 one before I retire
Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
Im curious about how you quilt a large quilt with embroidery.
I see demos with small pieces but never a large quilt.
They now have very large hoops that you could do a nice size square with. But is it too much for it to move with a large quilt.
I was wondering about this subject too. I use my Janome 1100 SE and 1001 for all my sewing. There are some lovely "quilt block" designs around, but surely it would involve using the QAYG method, which I am a bit apprehensive about. It seems better to embroider the block first then assemble as normal, but of course the quilt would not be quilted would it? I have thought of doing an embroidered corner flower spray, or something flowing like vines and leafs instead of applique to see how that would work. But QAYG no way that's going to happen for me.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 AM

How did you ME on a roll of toilet paper????? I love it.