Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do quilt shows inspire you? >

Do quilt shows inspire you?

Do quilt shows inspire you?

Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM

The first quilt show I went to was a show of regional winners... or the best of the best. After seeing it, I wanted to go home and spit on my quilt. Haven't gone to another. I was happy in my delusions that my quilting was pretty good.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:23 PM

Come to my Quilt Retreat House for a weekend of creativity instead of letting go of your money. Let me know if you would like to know more. The fees are most reasonable.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:05 AM

I haven't been to a big quilt show in the past 3 or 4 years and can't say I've missed it. I love the smaller local shows. Last big one we went to, BFF & I went to several workshops and really enjoyed that.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:57 AM

Shows inspire me. I do try to stay away from the vendor area though--grin Ok not totally, but do go with a list of things I am looking for and try to only buy what I know I need. Of course I have a good stash of fabrics and threads etc, so really do not need to spend. The quilts on display are what I love looking at.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:54 AM

Have never been to one but there is a big show comming to Halifax at the end of may and plan to attend. Am all excited about going. it is supposed to be a big show.Hope to be inspired .Midgie
Old 03-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Iraxy View Post
This will be the first year that I go to the Azalea quilt show with friends. For some reason I have not ever really wanted to go to the quilt show with anyone. I like to wander, stop at different kiosks, ask questions, loiter a bit and, if I want to, leave. This year, my 2 BFF's will be here in town. I wonder how that is going to work out?? Keep you posted.
I'm like you I prefer to wander on my own. I usually start out with my friends then go my own way after awhile then they don't feel so much like I am deserting them. The last time I went to Houston, my roommate thought she had to stay with me even though I told her I would be okay. We have such different interests I felt like I was holding her back. I'm not good at standing around while someone else is looking. I'm that way at anything I go to with a group. You might suggest that you all go your separate way for awhile then agree to meet up at a certain time maybe for a specific part of the show. Anxious to see how it turns out for you.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM

For the first time i will be going to the paducah quilt show at the end of April, so looking forward to it, but will i go back year after year, probably not
Old 03-03-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
OR do they just empty your bank account and leave you buyer's remorse?
Do they get your creative juices flowing, or leave you thinking it is time to take up scrap booking instead?

One of my all time FAVORITE shows is coming up..the Dallas quilt guild show! I make the trek down there each (for the last 5) and visit with my vendor buds, friends from the guild/area, soak up all the talent, creativity I can for 3 days, and then trek back home feeling uninspired, drained, and wondering WHY I go every year!
SO, this year I have not been nearly as excited to spend all the money it is going to take to go to the show. The vendors are all the same ones I just saw in OKcity in Jan, I don't think they offer any classes! THe only thing I have to really look forward to is seeing my sister and my friends.

Will I go? Still not sure. WE are planning on leaving Wed so need to get my ducks in a row. I just hope I can find something to spark my QUILTING creativity this year!
In the past year, I have attended a Quilt show in Puyallup Washington that was wonderful!! Today I just got back from Sewing Expo also in Puyallup, it has always been a big show but because I don't sew clothes anymore I didn't find it as interesting but it was packed on Friday.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
sadly there are NO local shows up here. The very least would be an hour drive, but most are 2-3 hours away!
I live in western Arkansas and there are no quilt shows around here either, but I do love to travel to them when I can. Do you go to the show in Muskogee in April? Its a good show for a smaller city. I drive 2 1/2 hours to it every year.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mojo11 View Post
I live in western Arkansas and there are no quilt shows around here either, but I do love to travel to them when I can. Do you go to the show in Muskogee in April? Its a good show for a smaller city. I drive 2 1/2 hours to it every year.
never been to that one, but it is the same weekend as the Stillwater show this year! I will do Stillwater for sure!