Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you ever get stuck here? >

Do you ever get stuck here?

Do you ever get stuck here?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:57 AM

It's called "addictive" ... but I haven't found a good "intervention" so far!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 AM

Hi Geri,
It is a form of home-schooling. My son was getting bullied at traditional, private school so we pulled him out. Our local public school is awful...enter cyber school. It is a free, online public school. He has teachers online, interacts with other kids in those classes, and does deskwork as well as go on school organized outings (field-trips). This is our second year at it and he does like it a lot. We are anticipating moving across country in a few years and are planning on getting into a good school district. It's funny, people freak out about socialization for homeschooled kids. I've come to realize that I also need to schedule outings for myself, too! :) Hope that answers your question! Thanks for asking.
Originally Posted by Geri B
Originally Posted by SeamRipper
Does anyone else get so caught up in the pictures, questions and projects that are on here that you can't walk away? I have half of a full size quilt lurking behind me (literally right behind me) that I have to finish handquilting by Christmas. Not to mention household duties and cyber-schooling my son and it's way past lunchtime...And yet here I am.
Why?
...how does one cyber-school a child.....just wondering, as I float thru the lovely pics and comments on this board????
Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 AM

malfromcessnock:
What about his dad's old shirts made into a rag quilt? My son loves the rag quilt I made for him. He always takes it on the plane or in the car for long trips.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:12 AM

I'm a master of excuses....first, I'm here because I'm so new at quilting I need to learn as much as I possibly can; then I'm here because I'm lonely and don't know anyone here in town that I feel comfortable with talking about quilting; the couple of folks that I've met that quilt are far beyond beginners....; then I'm here because I've gotten caught up in it and can't be away !

Another excuse I have had for not quilting is that I have been planning a move, so why start something I can't continue. Didn't say that I've stopped planning or shopping for future quilt projects ! Actually I have stuff in my car that I haven't brought inside yet because my sewing space isn't settled.

SO, now I moved last Sunday and haven't gotten settled yet,actually have been physically exhausted and overwhelmed by the move.

My excuse time is quickly running out ! I need to get busy and get sewing room pulled together; get projects out of plastic bags and get busy!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 PM

What??? You mean my sewing machine actually turns on??? I am on here so much I dont get anything else done.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
I am here also......I won't even list the things I need to be doing..
I'm in the same boat