Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have multiple projects going or one at a time? >

Do you have multiple projects going or one at a time?

Do you have multiple projects going or one at a time?

Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 AM

I have several projects going at the same time. I have 15 Art Bins I keep WIPs in and right now I think there are only 3 empty boxes. One of the double deep boxes has two twin size quilts in it though.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:07 AM

I try to do one at a time; but you all know how that works. My mind is always working ahead on the next project. I usually will make several quilttops, then I will long arm quilt them one after the other. This past week I finished up all my UFOs (a half dozen) and am now ready to forge ahead on a new batch. When I have more than one going at a time, they are in different phases of construction. I just finished a bunch of squares, and am waiting for the backing fabric to arrive; then I will assemble it. In the meantime I am making pillowcases for a charity for Christmas giving. Am also waiting for a kit from QFK to add to the quilts I already made.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 AM

On.. I always have more than one project. Somedays I want to cut, others I want to sew pieces and then others I want to quilt. I have many projects for gifts that have a hard deadline and others I can do when I want to get them done. (usually quilts for me.) This past month I finished a full quilt and two baby quilts and a vacation. (Husband would not let me bring my sewing machine. I tried!) I picked up two more projects for Christmas and new project for husband. so My project list has grown.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 AM

I usually work on only 1 at a time. I get too confused as what goes where if I work on more than one at time. After I finished one top than I put it in the UFO pile to be quilted/finished later when I am in the mood.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 AM

Yes, I always have several projects going at one time. I have to let me projects talk to me. When I am working on one project, sometimes I get ideas for another on going project. I love to have projects that I can take with me if I know I am going on a road trip and can do hand work.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Of course I have multiple projects going on at the same time. I just got home a month ago from a spinal cord injury and 3 months of rehab learning to walk again. I had my husband bring quilting magazines for me to help pass the time, but now that I'm home I'm catching up on aBOM project, cutting out fabric for a couple or three Bow Tucks bags, a dress for my granddaughter, a tree skirt and stockings waiting in the wings, etc., etc.,. Am I bored? Seldom, but if one project isn't working out quite right, I just pick up another one, especially since it may be a while before I can sandwich some of those UFO's.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:38 AM

Yes I do. Right now I have 6 large quilts to quilt, two baby quilts, table runners, place mats, coasters, etc. I am getting ready for our annual Craft Sale, so I have lots of things going on. But I do that all the time, that is a perfect way of not getting bored and expending my knowledge.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

I always have multiple projects going! Usually about 7 or 8.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 AM

I am working on one quilt at the time but....... making 5 or 6 tops and then put batting and backs on and quilt and bind.
Works fine for me. Love to look at my stack of finished quilts before they go to charity.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:52 AM

At last count, I had 38 projects in process and I've added some more since then. I actually work on two or three at a time and when finished, there are more waiting--lurking--in my ArtBin box stacks.
SandyQuilter