Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have what it takes to be a young modern quilter? >

Do you have what it takes to be a young modern quilter?

Do you have what it takes to be a young modern quilter?

Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 AM

My DH, one of my DDs and my son all have ink. They have been after me for a long time to get one. Since I am an RN it has to be somewhere not visible and since I can no longer be considered a "young modern" anything it has to be in a place that is not going south.

Both my DH and DS have a 13 in a spade on their wrists. My son was born on the 13th and he was run over on the 13th several years back. He always says 13 is lucky for him. He may be right a couple inches a different way and he would not be here today. The 13 to him symbolizes that he is lucky and what we all went thru during that time. I will probably also get a 13 and my DD will as well.

As far as another tat hmmm... maybe. On another note since i am a NICU RN I have to attend all high risk deliveries. I have seen some interesting ink. Here's a bit of advice don't tatoo a word where you may one day need an incision it just doesn't say the same thing after.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by pamsmpk
I've been thinking about getting a very small tat to celebrate my 50th birthday in July. I can't decide what to get. I thought a lot of these tattoos were cool but I don't want anything nearly so big. However. it did make me think...hmmmmm....maybe something quilty.....?????
I actually got one for my 50th. I have a small ladybug on my foot. I love it. Makes me smile every time I look at it.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pam
My step son has so many he cannot get a job. A huge waste of money and talent, his problem to deal with, I guess. He is a great guy but even though a prospective employer may be able to look underneath the top layer I am sure the "boss" is worried about public perception.
Coming from the corporate world I understand the thoughts of the potential employer completely. I had a guy that worked in the office that had his arms "sleeved" and was covered in tats. He wore a long sleeved shirt year round and always had a tie on so you would never even suspect it.

The VP's and I never knew about it until one time we were out of town and wanted to make a quick weekend run to a car show. It was in the summer and he met us up there and we could not do anything but start laughing when we saw him.

He was in a t shirt and shorts like the rest of us and he was covered in tats. Thats when the VP over the commercial end said "I guess you really never know anyone until you see them half necked" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 AM

no way no how! First off dh would divorce me..second the only way a needle is going in my skin is if I stick myself quilting! Otherwise you better be ready to hogtie me. Third I just do not find them attractive at all. And last but not least this is what they'll look like one day!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-82123.jpe  
Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Banned

Apparently this lady does.........

[img]http://oddnewsarticles.com/tat1.jpg[/img]

Billy
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM

I did see a picture a couple of years ago with a woman who had literally every inch of her body covered from the neck down, INCLUDING parts only her child would see on his way to be born! I like ink but that just made me tighten up all over!!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Lyn

My DD is an executive and has 3/4 sleeves. She always covers them while working. She told me never get your hands, neck or face done or you will have a hard time getting a job. My SIL is a top web designer in NYC. He has a full sleeve. In his job they only want results and don't care if you have them or not. I know many kids now days have them and couldn't be nicer. I think it's us old folks that have the hang ups.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Billy........

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Banned

wow, I sure would not bear it all to show a tatoo. God bless. Penny
Old 06-10-2010, 12:03 PM

My eldest son has two....shoulder to elbow. He designed them both. One is a dragon, (he has loved dragons since he was a small child), the second one is a Celtic cross for his Irish heritage. His next one he wants to have done is a phoenix done on his head...he is bald. While I am trying hard to convince him not to do that one, he is trying to convince me to get a small one on my back to cover a very ugly scar that I was left with after having a cebaceous cyst removed. I am considering a hummingbird...but am waiting until the last of the "dissolving" stitches works its' way out. (Note sarcasm on dissolving. ;) ) I had this removed 5 years ago, and am still having stitches work their way out!!!!

Patti