Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Do you keep a quilt journal??

My blog is my journal. I've gone back and documented a number of my earlier quilts (pre-blog) but everything since 2009 is on my blog and all the information about making the quilt is there. Much easier for me to maintain than a binder (since I was always behind).

My well intentioned album ... 8"x8" pages
    The good news is that the quilt pics that I do have are sitting in the plastic pockets, sorted according to quilt.
    Also, the invoices for quilting are in those pages.
    So I have a start ... not much, but a start.
    And you've now spurned me on to at least get prints made of the rest!

Name:  Album2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  1.53 MB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
    Ohhhhh. This is a great idea. I am working on my first ever quilt. I purchased those pre-stamped cross stitch blocks because I have always been a cross-stitcher and decided to combine that with a new hobby. Anyway, I have the blocks sewn together and a border around it (all hand-sewn) and I am about half done with the cross stitch part. I can see mistakes, but I am not going to beat myself up over them....just learn and move on. I can't wait to start a scrap book with this first quilt. Thanks for the idea and now I know why I joined this quilting forum!
    First of all, welcome from hot, humid, miserable western WI! Yes! Start a quilt journal... like my Mother used to always tell me "Start the way you want to finish" (boy, I should've listened to her more often... LOL!). And please post pix of your quilt when you get around to it! Even as a WIP, we love seeing projects!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I haven't started one yet either, but it sure would be good.
    Melody R Norris

Blog Entries
    I am like you I have not kept up for the past year. I do have my pictures on a usb and can take that to alco and print out for reasonable I also try to put snips of the fabric with the pictures. I am also hoping someday my grandchildren might want to look at it.

I keep photos of everything I make from crochet, scrapbooking, quilting and sewing on a portable drive and a three ring binder since I lost a lot of picture during Hurricane Katrina. My binder is for show and the portable drive is for keepsake.

Blog Entries
    I sew and quilt so keep a journal of everything I make. No pictures, just a description of item. Looking back so far this year, I have done more than I thought.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4