Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you mainly sew alone or with friends?

Blog Entries
    I mostly sew alone, it's my "ME" time. But I do love a good family sewing bee. Sew, eat, sew, eat,a little "community update". sew, eat.... you get the picture.

Blog Entries
    I *have* to be alone...I BS too much otherwise to get anything done!! :lol:

I see you are from NC. I'm just thinking about quilting. Do you hand quilt or use a sewing machine. If you hand quilt, what kind of frame do you use? I have a big frame, but I can't put it up in living room. Just too big. So I was wondering.

I sew alone for a little while most mornings. I sew with friends once a month when we get together in our bee, usually binding or hand piecing or hand applique as I hate toting the machine for 5 hrs of sewing.

I sew a LOT in April when I go to quilt camp for 5 days, and again in September when my friends form our bee rent a shore house in NJ and sew for a week!

Blog Entries
    I sew alone, and watch TV and visit with my DH when he is not outside working in the yard.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just me and my creative thoughts.

With my machine, mostly alone. Do have some hand sewing projects from time to time. With friends, I mostly just pretend to sew since we end up yaking so much. Usually I knit something simple that's easy to pack up when I'm with others.

Blog Entries
    I sew with my quilt ministry group one day a week but we are ususlly laughing and carrying on so much it's hard to get things done! :-P It's a great time of prayer, fellowship and sewing.

I sew alone because I would never get anything done if I were listening to someone. I need the quiet to concentrate on what I am doing.

I sew with my machine by myself but a friend and I get together for a "stitch N bitch" once every couple months. That is whe I do the hand work like stitching binding or applique. She is a beginning quilter and it is fun to teach her. Sometimes we "road trip" to the LQS.

I sew alone. Sometimes I can get my little tv in that room to work and then I am the 'radio baby again'. I can listen to things and know as much as if I sit in front of it glued. Mom would never allow us to just sit and listen to radio, I would either iron the flat things or peel potatoes or stitch on the rag rugs.....never wasted time. Then tv came along and messed it all up for her. I still listen...I've tried going places to enjoy company and stitch stuff, but heck, there's no place like home with all of you at the end of my mouse. hugs and prayers for you all. Ruth

I can sew alone if I have a project that needs to be completed ASAP. Then I sew all hours of the day and night.
    Otherwise, I go to my friend's house (her stash BTW is larger than mine) and we set up the "sweat shop" there. I even have an extra machine that lives at her house! We seem to accomplish quite a lot and enjoy the time together.

PS How do you sew with the quilting board? I haven't find the audio button for that. Otherwise, I'd be right there!!!

Blog Entries
    I sew alone :-( I hope it will change.

Blog Entries
    I sew alone while watching the news or a movie. My sewing room is just off the kitchen, which was once the family room.
    There is a chaise, bookshelves, tv, and three treadles in this room. My husband and/or kids will sometimes sit in the chaise, watch a movie, watch me treadle, and chat while I sew.

Blog Entries
    All by my lonesome. :wink: I don't mind it, though. Sewing is meditative for me. I do have a dear friend who lives next door to me, and this summer we were both working on some applique blocks. One day she brought hers over, and we sat on the patio (she on the swing and me on the bench) and did some stitching. We chatted and stitched, stitched and chatted. It was so nice and relaxing. 8-)

Sewing & quilting are my forms of therapy..I do have a couple quilt groups that i go to, but generally, i would rather be by myself.

We moved to this town and I don't know anyone....So I sew alone.. but when I go visit my friends or my friends visit me..... HOLD UP...... it is a marathon

I sew alone, computer right next to sewing machine, so I sew when I can get off this board!

I sew alone, but love to go to retreats and sew with the others.

Mostly alone. But just got done with a day with friends! Had a blast!

Blog Entries
    I sew alone most of the time, I kind of like the peaceful solitude. My MIL and I sew together sometimes, but we do things differently so she sews on her machine and I sew on mine. I always find it amazing that our quilts fit together so well!

Definitely alone!!! Nobody here to sew with, and would feel very self conscious sewing around other people.

I too sew alone. That is unless the 3 DGS's are "helping" grandma make her stuff. The 6 year old always thinks that everything I make is going to be for him. That is until today. I am making a Barbie quilt for my niece's daughter (who is 2 weeks younger than him) for Xmas and when he saw it he turned his nose up and said "I don't want Barbie's on my quilt" and walked away. Maybe now I can get some stuff done.

I sew alone with the TV always on. That way I don't have to be talking just sewing and listening.

In my house NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING is done alone. Although I don't have any "sewing friends" someone is always around!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast