Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you "name" your sewing machines? >

Do you "name" your sewing machines?

Do you "name" your sewing machines?

Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM

My featherweight is Allie, singer 201 is Clint, and haven't named my Pfaff Ambition Essential yet. Allie came from the Antique Alley show, and Clint was found in Clinton, AR. Original, I know... Lol.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:04 AM

I have a Tin Lizzie sit down quilting machine and I named her Large Marge. She is loud and noisy like a truck driver. I'm planning to make a dust cover for her and put her name on it. I was going to get a name decal but sadly the Lizzie has a textured surface so I don't think the decal would stick properly :'(

I never named my Janome.. and I had a name for my Juki but it didn't stick. My Lizzie will always be Large Marge though.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:23 PM

I name everything! my mom's fw is evelyn, my aunt's is brooks, and the new one is willie ( from goodwill), my white treadle is dadee, those are all named after their source. my kenmore is kenny (not too original, suppose it could have been britney for brittany s'ears, but she was just a mite 24 yrs ago, lol). my heavy duty singer is warhorse, my baby se 400 brother is baby bro', my big brother laura ashley nx 2000 is ashley (as in ashley wilkes gone with the wind) and my newest simplicity 7050 (by brother) is not named yet. any suggestions? he was my birthday, anniversary, mother's day gift i bought myself, before i knew my husband had bought me a diamond and ruby heart, he did so incredibly well! in my defense, as if, i told him i had already gotten my present. can i help it if he went out and bought me something anyway? 8-) my car is bubella. my dh's car is raul. etc.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:44 AM

I call my machines the Chinese way : Number 1, # 2 and #3. My serger is the Noisy One. Whenever they act up I do rename them but their new names are not fit to print.