Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you quilt on Sunday? >

Do you quilt on Sunday?

Do you quilt on Sunday?

Old 10-18-2011, 02:29 AM

Yes, I sew and quilt on Sunday, my DIL and DD come down and sew with me. No big Sunday dinners here. Yesrs ago my DH said you fix a big meal everyday of the week why would you do it on Sunday. So from that day forward Sundays was they day every one fended for themselves. LOL
Old 10-18-2011, 02:46 AM

Yes, I quilt on Sundays. With working all week, and doing errands, and chores around the house on Saturday, Sunday is the only day I really have any time to quilt...after church!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:50 AM

About the only day I have to quilt. I work all week and try to get cleaning done saturday, then I wont feel guilty about sitting at my machine all day sunday :)
Old 10-18-2011, 03:11 AM
mim

sounds like my sweet grandmother. My grandfather was a baptist minister in a tiny village when I went to live with them.

I could read "nice" uplifting books on sunday -- not adventure or exciting ones. No running around outside with friends. The only non religious thing that went on was that she listened to "One Mans Family" on the radio at 5PM. But my grandfather had already left to walk to the church to prepare for the evening service.

And, yes, we went to church twice and had Sunday school.. Then twice more during the week.

It was a gentler time.

I read the funnies on Monday at a neighbors house
Old 10-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Banned

My sister comes over on sunday's and we quilt all day long.
It's really her only play day, so why not?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
Growing up strict Catholic... No work was done, however, mom had to fix a big Sunday dinner. Wasn't that work???? .
I like to fix a big Sunday dinner, and often have children and/or grandchildren and/or neighbors but it is usually not all that much work on Sunday.
Make rolls and pie or cake on Saturday, pehaps even prepare a meatloaf, maybe a jello salad. Sunday morning before church, pop the meatloaf or a roast and potatoes and perhaps a squash in the oven. it all bakes merrily while we are gone (at 300 degrees). When we get home, wrap the rolls in foil to heat, throw some corn peas or beans in the microwave, set the table. Toss a green salad. Half an hour after we walk in the door, a great meal is on the table. Since it was so nice, everyone else volunteers to do dishes, ad I have a lovely afternoon with nothing to fuss about. Just sayin'. I LIKE Sunday dinner.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:27 PM

It is my favorite day to quilt. Often the only day I have time to do so.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:54 AM

I quilt whenever I am up to it. Can't afford to take too much time off! Lots of gifts to make... :-)