Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you think I am being too hard on myself

Blog Entries
    I agree with your hubby. Mine always says, "that way you can tell it is home made". I say, "Only you will notice the little booboo's and if you don't point them out, no one will see them". Keep right on quilting.

Your husband is a blessing.!

Blog Entries
    Listen to Hubby! No one every notices your mistakes! The quilt will be beautiful!

if someone gets that close and notices and says something to you, tell them that you will be happy to share the pattern and love to see their work when they are finished...shuts them up every time!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I also use a basting stitch at times.If being off a bit will bother you,rip it.If not, take your DHs advice.

Listen to DH. NO quilt is perfect. The more you make the better they get.

well today is a new day, I just put on a row. I took my time with it, matched up each block and came out that I only had two noticeable errors. I am incedibly happy, they go right into the pattern and only I know they are there.
    I also thought, why my blocks wer not lining up properly. Each time I was ready to add a row, I pressed what I had done, and think maybe I stretched the fabric a little. So, I will not do that. I will just press the row I finish and add it on

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you have it figured out. Good for you,it's not always easy to find an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by EagarBeez
    well today is a new day, I just put on a row. I took my time with it, matched up each block and came out that I only had two noticeable errors. I am incedibly happy, they go right into the pattern and only I know they are there.
    I also thought, why my blocks wer not lining up properly. Each time I was ready to add a row, I pressed what I had done, and think maybe I stretched the fabric a little. So, I will not do that. I will just press the row I finish and add it on

You sure it was YOUR husband who told you that? Sounds just like my DH! :D

Blog Entries
    As a lot who answered my thread ----(-"Help-- I need a hug" )---only God is perfect and no one but you will notice!!!! Don't beat yourself up

yes, you are being what we all are - our own worst critic. There is a saying, I think someone here uses it at the end of their postings "finished is better than perfect".

I think that if it bothers you so much that it keeps you up at night, then change it. Otherwise, listen to your husband, he gives good advice!!

Follow the 10 foot rule. If you can't see the "error" at 10 feet, keep going.

Agree with husband! My newest saying is "Close Enough".

yes, like most of us

Blog Entries
    I am in the process of making my 4th quilt. It's going to be a bagello. I noticed when I ironed the 4th row, that a few of my blocks are off just a smidge. You don't notice them from just looking at it, but, close up, I can see them. They are not off very drastically, and I am going to be tying this quilt. I was going to rip it all out, and my husband says "no one is perfect and no quilt is perfect". He also said that it is being made with love and following through and finishing is better then tossing it in a corner
    God does not make quilts. He sent us to do it, knowing we were all far from perfect. Enjoy the process. Again, straight lines do not make a quilt any warmer!

I fully agree with your husband!!

I am in the process of making my 4th quilt. It's going to be a bagello. I noticed when I ironed the 4th row, that a few of my blocks are off just a smidge. You don't notice them from just looking at it, but, close up, I can see them. They are not off very drastically, and I am going to be tying this quilt. I was going to rip it all out, and my husband says "no one is perfect and no quilt is perfect". He also said that it is being made with love and following through and finishing is better then tossing it in a corner
    He's right. Even when being judged, meeting - up can be off by a stitch and still be classified OK.It is the overall appearance that counts and better luck next time.

Power Poster
    Hubby is right.

Quote Originally Posted by KatFish
    Listen to DH. He is right. :roll:
    yep listen to him

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    Seems the words "just a smidge" are a clue as to the severity of the imperfection. I vote for looking at your quilt with your eyes squinted rather tightly and listening to your husband with your ears wide open. By the way, would you like to rent him out?

A smidge is allowed.

It is rare that I will agree with a man, but I will make an exception this time!

Quote Originally Posted by KatFish
    Listen to DH. He is right. :roll:
    Again, my comment.
    You have a very wise DH...he's a keeper.

You would think mine was a Virgo (actually, I am!) with his being what has to be called a "quilt policeman"....I keep reminding him that a "That looks nice. Good job. Nice colors. etc ...instead of "...there are a couple points that aren't good."

:wink: :wink:

What a wise DH youhave there!!! Listen to him. I bet I could point out every mistake ever made on any of my quilts, but I bet you couldn't find them without my help. Just keep at it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast