Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you think your UFOs will outlive you? I do!

Nope. But I rarely work on more than one at a time. My husband's applique quilt has been put on the back burner more than I care to admit, though. As soon as I finish my customer quilt I'm really going to hunker down and work on his.

Hopefully I have a long time to think about this question. Luckily I don't have many UFO's. I have been slowly finishing them.

What a sweet idea. You see,,,,she is finishing them for her loved ones to receive after she is gone. Ladies in my family just made tops and left the next generation to finish them :-D

LOL Good idea.

Blog Entries
    I''m sure my UFO's will outlive me....I'm not halfway done one that I start another project....
    I like the idea of naming the boxes for those projects are intended for. Some told me to also keep all the instructions and matching material together...
    I will get through my pile soon..

I would up until Sunday said oh yes I agree mine will definately outlive me...however...I finished hand quilting a quilt I started I believe in 1999...and amazingly enough I still love the pattern

New Years resolution is to finish all my UFO's before starting anything new. So far so good, hard not to buy the beautiful material I see. Money saved now will definitely be used & more when I get to shop again.

Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Quote Originally Posted by SewMomma66
    I am relatively new quilter and love to organize anything. I purchased boxes on clearance and store each project with all fabric, pattern, and any special items. I label the box with a mini post-it note taped to the end. Then I stack them by deadline. I purchased the same style of boxes (clear) in different sizes but at the same time stackable.I also have some labeled and marked quick so if I need a break from a current project I can grab one and feel as though I can complete a project. I also have my UFO stack.
    Anyone want to take bets on just how long this incredibly organized quilter will stay sane? :lol:
    You are just guessing that she was sane to begin with. lol.

I've been working on my UFO's since the first of the year, and I'm just about done with them. I have 9 quilts ready to send to Charisma for quilting. I have another one that is a WIP, and will be ready in probably about a month. I just started another quilt for my step-daughter's wedding (a OBW), that I hope to have ready for quilting in a couple of weeks. I feel quite accomplished! I do still have a list quilts yet to make--some of them I have planned such as which patterns, and I even have the fabric, but most of them are still in the "thinking" stage.
    So, I guess the answer to your question is no--I'm making sure that I won't have anymore UFO's in my sewing room--just WIP's!!! :D

:) My favorite UFO in the world is a block that my great grandmother made. My grandma was 11 or 12 when her mother died, and she has it framed and hanging on her bedroom wall.

Quote Originally Posted by smiles
    New Years resolution is to finish all my UFO's before starting anything new. So far so good, hard not to buy the beautiful material I see. Money saved now will definitely be used & more when I get to shop again.
    Yep...my resolution too.... :( this was working great until two of my sons decided to get married four months apart :shock: :shock:

I am now in the final throws of "wedding frenzy" as the first one is April 9th...

Am hurriedly finishing Friendship Album Blocks...72 of them....for the guests to sign.......

I promised myself, when this latest inspiration hit, that I wouldn't put off making the next sons wedding quilt (for August 12th) at all..... :roll:

And then...its right back to working on those UFO's :?

Wow, I just love that idea. Now I have a good excuse to start **another** UFO :thumbup: :thumbup: hahaha

Mwah ha ha!!
    Quote Originally Posted by katigirl
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Quote Originally Posted by SewMomma66
    I am relatively new quilter and love to organize anything. I purchased boxes on clearance and store each project with all fabric, pattern, and any special items. I label the box with a mini post-it note taped to the end. Then I stack them by deadline. I purchased the same style of boxes (clear) in different sizes but at the same time stackable.I also have some labeled and marked quick so if I need a break from a current project I can grab one and feel as though I can complete a project. I also have my UFO stack.
    Anyone want to take bets on just how long this incredibly organized quilter will stay sane? :lol:
    You are just guessing that she was sane to begin with. lol.

Blog Entries
    Great idea, thanks. :lol:

Probably, they did my grandmother :)

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom
    That's a great idea! Although I'm almost caught up on mine.

Same here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2