Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you use your library to get quilting books, videos? >

Do you use your library to get quilting books, videos?

Do you use your library to get quilting books, videos?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Kas

I do! It's how I learned to quilt. I don't have any quilters in my family (not living ones, anyway) and I wanted to make a quilt for the daughter I was expecting. So I checked out every book and video on the subject I could find. My first quilt (a simple nine patch) is still my fave. I even had to make my own stencils for the motif I used in the plain blocks and the corners of the border. I have quite the collection of stencils, now, but then I didn't have any. I got the pattern for the one I used out of a book from the library.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 AM

I, also, have 2 quilting books and magazine lying on my table from the libray.... even though I have tons of my own quilting books and save all my quilting magazines, I still like to see what the library has to offer.I also check the movies.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Yes I do!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 AM

I am at our local library every week Never leave there without at least one quilting book. what a savings it is to borrow a book and return and get another seems i never run out of quilting patterns or ideas that way and no $$$$spent
Old 06-16-2010, 11:57 AM

Absolutely! This has been an awesome source for technique books especially. I am a visual learner so looking at the illustrations/pictures helps tons! We don't have many videos though I wish we did.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:05 PM

Our local library occasionally sells their books that are pulled from distribution and sell them for .50. I've bought several since the price is right! :)
Old 06-16-2010, 12:28 PM

I do all the time since I am a librarian. I request all the latest quilt books and the library buys most of them or gets them through interlibrary loan from different libraries in the USA. They tease me at the library and think I should make each librarian a quilt since there are so many quilt books!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM

I have a card but never thought of looking for quilting books. Will do so this week
Old 06-16-2010, 02:33 PM

I went to my library's here when I was trying to search for a book before I bought it. They had maybe and I mean maybe about 12 quilting books, nothing that was interesting at all. I was really shocked about that.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 PM

I have never heard of joining a library. Here they are free. I belong to the library group. We are free to use available rooms for classes if we wish for group meetings. They ask that we return everything to the way it was.

I was a school librarian, so I think that everyone should avail themselves of the services in the public libraries. There is also a community college here. The public is free to come in and read the books and papers. Not the computers. Too many students and too few computers.

check out you local library.
Have fun,

From Mississippip