Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do your quilts have to match your room? >

Do your quilts have to match your room?

Do your quilts have to match your room?

Old 12-08-2010, 03:50 AM

I have an electic personality and so does my home. Somehow it all manages to blend. Nothing is there because it matches, each item compliments the other items and we all live in harmony. Matching was for when I was young. Now I only live with things I love. So YES, I guess my quilts will match my home.

My favorite quilts are the scrap quilts and how could they not match?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:39 AM

When I redid my bedroom, I took a quilt to the carpet shop. Told them I wanted a carpet to match/blend with the quilt. I was informed that's not the way its done, you get the carpet then match the carpet.
told them in my house the carpet matches the quilt or it doesn't go in. grin. They finally got it that I meant it. then when they came to measure the room, they said there was a problem, how were they to put carpet under the bed? I built in a platform bed with huge drawers underneath. I just looked at him and said, "can't you see that the bed is permanently in place. You carpet around it. The poor guy just looked blank and finally "got it" "OH its grown down". YES! grin. Was fun though.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:01 AM

Yes, my quilts do match the room color.
If its for someone that I'm not sure of the color, I make a scrappy quilt., they go with any color room.
For crib quilts I use bright colors for boys/girls for either sex.
If I now for if its boy or girl then I do the pink/blue colors.
I want my quilts to match so I do the same for others.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:35 AM

I think that is one reason I love scrappy quilts - they have so many colors, they go with everything
Old 12-08-2010, 05:37 AM

Good Lord, NO! I make what appeals to me at the time i find a pattern--or fabric--or method that I absolutely *must* make; to heck with it matching anything else :))
Old 12-08-2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
I'm lucky if my socks match. LOL

Even my socks don't match ...
Check these out:www.paintedkiwi.com
Old 12-08-2010, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by jojosnana
Well I have to admit, I am a matchey type of person. So mine at my house do match. But I have seen some of the quilts that I gave away in unmatching rooms but as long as the person in that room loves it, that is all my quilt needs. Just a little love.
Same with me :).
Old 12-08-2010, 07:15 AM

Currently in my living room i have: a purple/yellow quilt. a multi colored lap quilt,and a red, green, and tan quilt. Sometimes here's either a blue and orange one, sometimes a light turquoise and brown one too. I tell people it looks like a magpie threw up in my living room.No one knows what my couch, curtains, or rugs look like. They only notice my quilts. Suits me!LOL
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 AM

I try to do quilts, especially throws, in favorite colors. If someone loves the color they will be comforted/warmed when they are wrapped in it. My Mom's favorite is fall colors, so I made her an autumn leaf log cabin throw. My Dad's favorite place is his garden, so I made his throw in greens and earthy brown with a touch of blue and yellow for sky and sun. My Mom still lets him use his throw in her autumn themed living room. Match the personality and a quilt will be used - and probably blend with the decor - unless the person is a total foney. LOL
Old 12-08-2010, 07:18 AM

I haven't made any actual quilts yet, but my afghans that I made for my DS and DIL and the kids are their choice of colors and not of them match! One is blue (DS), one is green (DDIL) and the girls are purple and red!