Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else love Jenny Doan?

Blog Entries
    I know and love Jenny as well. I have not taken any of her Craftsy classes 'cause I can't afford it but I have followed-a-long in her you-tube and MSQC videos. My friend in Atlanta can't understand how I can make a quilt just from watching a video. She does NOT like MSQC. I can't wait to take a Craftsy class.

I agree with all of you. She teaches so easily and gives really good tips. I spend a lot of time watching her tutes.

I feel like she is my Aunt or close relative. I love her teaching methods and general happy nature. I bought Quilting Quickly 1 and 2 and have many quilts she shows on those lessons. I watch her on UTube and on missouriquiltco.com.

That girl is a super saleswoman hahahahahah

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    YES!!!!! I just ordered some jellyrolls from her company and plan to make the strip quilt from her instructions. She is so good at explaining and showing what she does. I am also planning to use her quilt-as-you-go method. Easy peasy!

I didn't start watching quilting tutorials on YouTube until recently, and I'm so glad that I discovered Jenny's tutorials first. Jenny is unfailingly enthusiastic and encouraging and makes me feel like I can do whatever she's showing. Tutorials from other teachers just seam so dull and boring in comparison.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

I can only agree with all that has been posted! Great Teacher!

I, too, just love her teaching style. I just posted a picture recently of a quilt that I made using one of her templates & from 2 of her videos. "Deep in the heart of Texas". It's here on the board. The MSQC is moving into a new bldg soon..expanding. She's the best!

OMG I can't even remember how I stumbled upon here, but IMHO she is tops!!!! I, too, take all her classes through craftsy and watch her on youtube over and over. SHE IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!

She is like my favorite, I am a newbie and watch her videos over and over, she is a wonderful teacher and in my case my only teacher. I am thankful that she and her husband were not injured.

Yes I love Jenny Doan!! Love the tutorials, love the site! My sister and 3 other friends went to her shop one day and my sister had her picture taken with Jenny and keeps it on her cellphone. Jenny will be at our quilt guild meeting in Aug!!! My sister was on vacation in TX and in a quilt shop and the store owner was talking with my sis and showed her the binding tool and spoke of Jenny and the tutorial about it. Donna pulls out her phone and shows the lady the picture of Jenny and Donna. Small world. I also read about the accident she and her hubby were in and thank God they are OK. I plan to go see the new store when they get in there. Yea Jenny
    This too shall pass.
    Janie

Blog Entries
    she is a sweetie, I love her u tube videos, she explains everything so you can understand it.

Blog Entries
    I adore Jenny Doan and want to be just like her when I grow up (just kidding). I am a newbie and owe everything I owe or do to her tutorials. In fact, I am going to Missouri and visiting Missouri Star Quilting at the end of June, beginning of July!
    Kathryn Bishburg
    Traditionally-built Norwegian lady

Blog Entries

Jenny Doan

She is a joy to watch. She feels like a friend.

Yea, I've watched several of her videos. She's a sweetie!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I have watched her many times and when I forget how to do something, I know right where to go to refresh my memory.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

I like Jenny also. I watched and made the pillowcases her way, they really turned out great. I think she works on a project alot to be able to make them all turn out so great. She really throws herself into working these patterns out. She is a natural, very talented Lady. So sorry to hear about the accident and I'm glad they are okay. Where in Missouri is the company?
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    O yeah she's great.
    Linda

I love watching her videos. She is a fantastic teacher. I have learned a lot from her.
    Laura

Put me down as a huge Jenny Doan fan! She is terrific for all the reasons you've given and more. I've seen videos where she's had her daughter do some of the demos and you can just tell that relationship is a happy one. So Happy Mother's Day to her, too.

I am a huge fan of Jenny Doan. I have watched all her videos and taken the Crafty ones also. I buy fabric on-line almost weekly and read everything on the website. My bucket list includes visiting the quilt shop!
    Dianne

Blog Entries
    Joan Rosemary, i couldn't have said it better, i just love jenny, i have been quilting, and sewing for more than 35 years and i still learn something new from her, her excitement just makes me want to do everything she does, ever since she did a tute on pillowcases, i have been making loads of them for family and friends, and table runners, their so easy, i wish she would come on this board, we would have so much fun.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammyx5 View Post
    LOVE Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt and her you tube tutorials. Was on her MSQ "blog" a few minutes ago and read a post by her son that Jenny and her husband were in a serious auto accident this week. Fortunately they are OK, and the entire family is giving thanks that they were saved from the accident.
    OMG, i am so glad they are ok, thank u for informing us, i will say prayers, God Bless
    Mary

Love to watch her vids when I have time, I have subscribed to them so that I know when she posts a new one. She does quite a lot.
    pat design

Love her!! I stumbled on her tutorials a while back and refer back to them often. Glad to hear they are okay after their accident. I also follow MSQ on Pinterest!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast