Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does anyone use the PC Quilter

Blog Entries
    I saw this and it me start thinking Could I use this. It states " The PC Quilter (PCQ) is a quilting robot. It replaces/augments the free-motion carriage on your machine quilting frame. The PCQ works with all midarms and longarms and with almost all quilting frames. There are two versions of the PCQ. One version allows you to simply put your sewing machine on top of the PCQ. With the other version, you place the PCQ next to your sewing machine carriage. In either case, the PCQ then moves your sewing machine around on your quilting frame just like you do when you are free-motion quilting (only a lot more accurately)! " Here is a link http://www.pcquilter.com I have a very old quilting machine and thought I maybe able to use this. Would like to know if anyone use this? The link works now. Sorry :oops:

Blog Entries
    link doesn't work for me.

Blog Entries
    i have this and have used it a lot. it works very well. there is a learning curve. if you want to do all-over patterns, it is somewhat difficult to line up the rows... but, i imagine, the same goes for pantos and fmq. i also got pcq designer as i like to design my own original quilting patterns. you can make patterns in the regular pcq software, but i found that a little difficult. you should have a computer, preferably laptop, to use at your frame when sewing... you want to move it along the frame as you quilt. and other programs may interfere with the software. a very cheap used one with just the basics is perfect. there is a dedicated yahoo group that has a lot of good information from users.

Blog Entries
    QuiltnNan,
    So you have a long arm? I have a very old and it came with roll patterns. I would like to do more up to date patterns. I see so many quilters with gorgeous quilting. I was hoping this would help me. I do have a Bernina I could use if I had to.

Blog Entries
    i use a Juki TL98Q on my frame. it's a 9" harp.

I used the PCQ for 4 years and recently retro-fit it with the Machine Quitling Robot... both are robotic quilting systems.. I've like both...

what kind of frame do you have? I"M looking to buy this but I have a grace frame ?????