Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does your husband >

does your husband

does your husband

Old 08-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Oh I can top that one. My husband makes quilts right along with me. He started when he retired. I have a quilt group that I go to and he is right there with me making his own quilts. He has even made some for our senior center to raffle off. The only thing that bugs me is when I go fabric shopping. He says to buy more than I realley want to, but who is to agrue when hubby says to buy more.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:47 AM

Ah I think I have figured it out. All the husbands that are good with you all quilting have Hobbies of their own. My ex never did unless it was all his girlfriends. lol Neither does my daughter unless I can count her Roller Derby. She was out of it for awhile and really grumpy. She has gone back to skating once in a while. Just not on a team anymore.
So I just need to look for someone who has his own hobby preferably a little on the expensive side. But then again. I am happy being single. :-)
Old 08-29-2010, 07:49 AM

My husband is the best too ! He is always helping me with this or that in my craft room. He has his hobby ( Harley Davidson ) and I have mine. I do always tease him about if Mama ain't happy!!!! and about how he should keep collecting motorcycles because one day we may need the money. But I without a single doubt in my crazy, fabric collecting mind Love him with all of my heart and would not trade him for anything !!! ok well I did see this long arm..
Just kidding.... I have one of the good guys too for sure...
Old 08-29-2010, 07:52 AM

[quote=BarbaraTX]support your quilting?
quote]

Yes mine is supportive, especially now that the children have all grown up and moved out on their own. To him, my quilting is great because I enjoy doing it. He doesn't take people into my sewing room because it is my space. Sometimes it is a mess and I would rather people didn't see my mess.

lol...I told him the other day that since we save funds for: the farm; for auto; for feed; and for the home, I believe that I needed a quilting fund. He has almost agreed to that idea... :-)
Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 AM

how sweet..i think he's a keeper
Old 08-29-2010, 08:08 AM

My hubby is very supportive also and always asks what I am 'building' now. His fetish is clothing and fishing tackle.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Mine is very supportive. He is good at colors so sometimes I take him when I look for fabrics.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:14 AM

My husband is the most wonderful man. We met online six years ago, both in the same city all our lives and our paths never crossed. We were once in a Joann's and the woman cutting my fabric asked if there was a limit on the amount I wanted to buy (my pile of fabric was substantial) and she looked at HIM!!!He said, "Nope, she doesn't say anything when I go to the lumber yard." We each have our own addictions and none of them are dangerous.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:21 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Mary Ellen Hopkins once told a story about a new customer in her store (Crazy Lady and Friends in Santa Monica years and years ago). Seems this new customer came in with grocery bags in hand, looked around, and was standing at the register having a chat with the staff when old-time customer Mary came in and was loudly greeted by all. A great laughing conversation followed about the wonderful new stuff arriving, with new customer attentive to it.

The clerk reminded old customer Mary that her DH Joe had forbidden her to buy any more fabric and had called the shop to warn them off selling her any. Mary "phooey”d that dictate and continued having some cut.

Suddenly someone yelled, "Mary, Joe's about to come in the door!" Whereupon Mary scooped up the new customer's grocery bag, stuffed her just cut fabric into it, and left, covering her tracks just as Joe came in looking for her.

She merrily waved good-bye as the new customer, in shock, said, "She took my groceries!" The staff missed not a step in pulling out money to pay for the 'stolen' groceries and told her that's what quilting friends were all about!

Of course, Mary Ellen advised us that the real lesson in this tale was that astute quilters/fabricoholics ALWAYS carry a local grocery store bag and a couple big bags of chips in their trunk to hide their fabric purchases under in times of duress.

I personally no longer need to do this as I got rid of the 'duress several years ago. ;-)

Jan in VA
Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 AM

I have a great hubby. He loves my quilting,and even shows off my WIP's to people!

If he runs across something that I might like, like a sewing machine or something, he'll either call me to see if I want it, or he'll go ahead and get it.

He even made me a "Flynn" frame knock off!