Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: does your husband

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
    support your quilting? My husband NEVER says anything about my buying fabric/patterns/books, etc. In fact, he has on several occasions brought people into my sewing room and opened the doors to my fabric armoire to show them how much fabric I have.
    He doesn't usually come in and ask what I'm making, but when I bring a project out of the sewing room to show him, he oohs and aahs appropriately.
    His hobby is Mustangs - he has a "65 Fastback and 2 "71s. When he's restoring one of them, I'll go out in the garage with a cool drink for him and ooh and ahh appropriately. We make a good team - on Oct. 24, we'll be celebrating 40 years of marriage. I think I'll keep him. :)

Supports me 100% .... and I thought I had the only "good one" out here!

We celebrated 21yr of marriage in June and to date we have never had a fight! Seriously, not one! [knock on wood]
    He's a DEFINITE keeper! :thumbup:

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvia77
    My husband has to approve every thing I want to buy and even then I have to beg him for it. I make quilts for people for spending money and I still have to ask if it's ok or he'll get mad.
    I'm so sorry. It is so hard to live in that environment. I hope you find a way to have control of your own money. Hugs.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by natalieg
    My DH is super supportive and quite the enabler! He has encouraged me to buy my many machines, and fabrics....I say I bought fabric, he says that's good! He wanted me to do machine quilting-I didn't. He made me go look at a frame and when I said I will think about it, he bought it for me with his ebay money!!! He is a keeper! Course, I do the same for his hobbies, and they aren't cheap!
    Let's see...you're in Montana...do his hobbies include fly fishing?

My husband and I will take a weekday and have a "field trip" This includes 2 quilt shops for each brew pub that we go to. We usually do 1 shop-he reads while I shop-then lunch at a brewery. He comes home with "growlers"-1/2 gallon jugs of beer, and I have something to add to my stash! We're both happy and we've had a nice day together! We plan our day trips about quilt shops that have brew pubs in the area-it works out great for both of us! Course I get the added benefit of lunch/dinner as well as supporting my habit!

I was in a state of shock when I found out what he had done. I got the FW in 57 with abuttonholer and all the attachments. It has cost him 5 machines since, and any time I say I'm going to the LQS he doesn't ask why. He doesn't bother anything without asking now. I just can't understnd why he won't let me have at least half the garage.

I also have a geat husband. He even comes in to be with me when I sew. He has a 76 Corvette that he enjoys. I took him with me on a Quilt Shop Hop and one of the quilt stores let him use their long arm. He would love to own one, he enjoyed it that much. We have a small home and don't have a room that we can set it up in. We have been married for 38 years and I'm deffinitely keeping him!!!!

You are truly blessed!

I don't consider my husband an "enabler", but it's great that we are both busy with our own activities!

Blog Entries
    I am fortunate as well to have a husband that does not complain of my new "adventure" :) I have only been into quilting a year now and so love it. It keeps me thinking and busy. I had been "retired" for 3 yrs and had not gotten into anything other than surfing the net before trying to crochet again after yrs of not.. and then finding this site and becoming enthusiastic with quilting! I had always liked sewing, but quilting to me is more then sewing, it is rewarding, creating and sharing and relaxing to me. My husband is happy that I have a new spark of life and excited to be doing something I enjoy. He loves music, playing the guitar lol I must say that I have little by little taken over the back basement area with all the sewing tables and stuff! He still has a spot and I try to give him his time in there in the evenings!! So I can say, he is very supportive of my new habit!! :)

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    My husband has to approve every thing I want to buy and even then I have to beg him for it. I make quilts for people for spending money and I still have to ask if it's ok or he'll get mad.
    That man has some serious control issues. I would not put up with it for one day :(

My DH says I have too much fabric already and will never use it all in the limited time I have left on this earth. He's probably right, but I tell him I have plenty of time. If I live 30 more years, I'll only be 105. My Aunt Nannie is still living at 110. To his credit, he doesn't say anything about the rotary cutter blades, rulers, etc that I buy to try to use up all that fabric.

I'm new to quilting. My husband has been watching me go through the learning process. The good and the bad. lol When I finished my first quilt top he just couldn't wait to share it with the people he works with and took it carefully wrapped to work with him! Theres no telling what he is going to do when I finish quilting it. I guess he is a keeper too.

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    That man has some serious control issues. I would not put up with it for one day :(
    I agree about the control issues....sounds like he has some worries about finances or something. Quilting is an expensive hobby...but counseling is MORE expensive. I'd be about finding out what's behind this and try to reassure him....or put his butt to the curb!! Sorry, the devil made me say that.

Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts
    I just want to know where you ladies found all these guys?
    I guess they are few and far between in reality.LOL

Congrats to all the women here who found good ones. They are rare.

I met my husband in a biker bar. :)

Met mine through a family member I was seventeen and he thought I was twelve. Then several years later we met up again and married three months later and have been together for close to 30 years since

My husband is like yours. Completely supportive, even bought a serger for me on Craigslist and if he sees anything regarding fabric or sewing machines will email it to me (he loves Craigslist!) But he knows that I am frugal and most likely will pass up all these temptations, LOL.

He even suggested that I use the master bedroom for my sewing 'studio' and we use smaller, cozy retreat off to the side for our bedroom. so yes, that is my sewing room!

Congrats on your 40th Anniversary. We had our 39th this past March. Great marriages do last!

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

My DH and I were classmates all though school (first grade through graduation). We dated during junior and senior years. Married after college. We think alike in many ways, but basically are opposites. He likes what he likes and I like what I like. We've learned to get along no matter what. And after 48 years, I'll keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

I think we took all the good ones and you are right!! They are rare. Single dtr tells me that there are none left.

My husband is very supportive. He knows how happy quilting makes me.

Blog Entries
    Perfect! :) :) :)

Blog Entries
    Mine is also a peach.58 1/2 years for us. His hobby--Gunsmoke, Bananza, Andy Griffith, all day every day. It is Great. We worked side by side for 40 yrs running a contract sewing business. Raised 7 kids in the shop with us, 6 girls and one boy, all can sew, some quilt, some tailor, they all have thread in their viens. It has been a great happy life. Can not be happy without fabric around. :) :) :)

My husband is very supportive of my quilting. Anything I want he says to get it...of course not everything or we would be broke. He brags about my quilts and tells everyone I do a good job...I am my own worst critic. Of course, he has his own hobbies which I try to take interest in, which makes it very good for both of us. We have been married for 13 years, going on 14 after November. Guess he is a keeper :thumbup:

The husband of everybody's mother has the same taste in TV programs as my DH. Sometimes I watch with him. I especially like Andy Griffith, but I would still rather be working on my current quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy11442
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

I think we took all the good ones and you are right!! They are rare. Single dtr tells me that there are none left.
    I got the last of his kind. No other man I have ever met is as good as him. It's not every guy who will toss his wife into a fabric store with a loaded Visa card and smile when she walks out the door with a big bag of goodies. And he is a nice guy to boot.

LOL Yeah he supports it all right. He works 40 hours a week and I go to the fabric store when I want!

I am truly happy that you girls have such supportive husbands, you are blessed!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast