Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: does your husband

Blog Entries
    The only way I care about DH supporting my quilting is with the checkbook. LOL.

My husbands hobby is woodworking. I keep telling him when I go out and buy a 24 x 36 air conditioned workshop like his you know we have a problem. If he goes to the fabric store with me I spend twice as much because he finds "things" for me to buy that I have to have and cant live without. Definately a keeper.

Since I used to crochet all the time he can't understand that I do that mostly in winter. He calls the quilting sewing when I walked out of the store with my new sewing machine last year he never said a word. He doesn't complain because he has a classic car, '56 Chevy, that he spends money on so we are pretty even on buying things for our hobbies.

My Dh totally supports me...He brags to everyone about my quilts! He will come in sometimes and watch me sew for a few minutes. He looks over my shoulder at times when I am on the board.

His thing is fishing and anything related to fishing. I can't go with him any more because of back problems. For a while I felt left out because he spends a lot of time on the net, talking to fishing buddies. Once I really got back into quilting and found all of you wonderful quilters to share ideas with, things went back to normal.

He does his thing and I do mine then we meet somewhere in the middle! Works for us! :D :thumbup:

My husband just told me...

"As long as you have your quilting stuff, a new truck and your Ruger 9mm, I am happy."......

How cool is that?

Blog Entries
    My husband is supportive, too. He never complains about what I spend. I just get the idea that he would like for me to find the formal dining room from under my stuff! lol

Your hubby is a keeper! My hubby supports my quilting, but sometimes he freaks out when I spend too much $$ on fabric.

My husband wants to know when I am going to do something with all of the fabric I have. I am just learning and haven't done alot.

Granny k

I can't take Hubbs to LQS or I'll end up leaving with 2 or 3 times more fabric then I went in there to buy! I know, horrible problem to have! ;) My hubbs is very supportive of me, he encouraged me to buy my mid-arm & frame when I found it on Craigslist, he gives me ideas for projects, and has a great eye for color and design. I love that he loves what I do.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Pat is my color coordinator and bestest quilting buddy. He even has his own chair in my sewing room. He is too funny. When we go to a quilt show and I insist that I WILL NOT be buying anything, he takes great care to point out all the things he knows I love. I call him an enabeling turd at that time, lol. When I say that I don't need to buy more fabric, he answers that "need" is not the only reason to buy stuff. It's nice to have that kind of a partner.

mine groans a little, but he is generally supportive of something that makes me happy.
    I have FMS & CFS, so anything i do to keep my limbs moving is a good thing.

Blog Entries
    Whenever I say I just HAVE to stop buying fabric, my DH says it is not like I waste money (I am a penny pincher par excellance)or spend a lot on myself, so go ahead and buy what I want. And he has learned to oohhh and aaahhhh properly! Guess I'll keep him.

mine is all for my projects. He even helps me to look for fabric on ebay and other places. He goes fabric shopping with me as well.
    He does not like the idea of spending hours in the fabric store, but, he is a good sport about it

My husband is like that too, he never says anything about how much fabric I buy--he is a golfer and that is his thing and quilting is mine. We will be married 41 years next May so I think we are going ok.

I think raptureready;s Dh and mine are brothers.My dh never supports anything I do,if anything he makes fun of anything I do.I think he can put his opinion where the sun doesnt shine

Mine is supportive of anything that makes me happy. He's proud of the things I make. Together we enjoy the classic cars and camping. He likes to work on the cars and enjoy his man cave (the garage). We haven't been married very long, sometimes I wonder how my life would have been if we had met when we were younger. I guess I had to kiss a frog or 2 before I met a prince. He's a keeper.

My late DH was not only an avid bird hunter, a hobby not available for many years while living and working in FL but when we retired and came to NC we got the Springer spaniel and he got together with his old hunting buddies from 35 years earlier and they met every fall in MI in Oct. and in SD in Nov. He also indulged in shooting skeet and sporting clays every week and ended up loading his own shot shells and collecting shot guns. Needless to say he never commented on my obscene collection of fabric and whenever we traveled there were always stops and gun shops and quilt shops. I've always said that every quilter needs to have a spouse who has a very expensive hobby. He did quietly observe once that he saw more fabric going into that room than coming out of that room. He was absolutely correct in that observation.

Ha!! My EX-husband drives me around during shop hops and will even shop with me..holds bolts and purse!!! We've been divorced 11 years, were married 19 years and are still good friends and work together well. Just couldn't live under the same roof :lol: :lol:

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mommaB
    Ha!! My EX-husband drives me around during shop hops and will even shop with me..holds bolts and purse!!! We've been divorced 11 years, were married 19 years and are still good friends and work together well. Just couldn't live under the same roof :lol: :lol:
    Awww, that's really sweet!

Your story sounds like my hubby and I. I am upstairs in a gigantic studio he build for me, while he is doing his wood work thing in the garage below me. I told him to make the garage into a wood working studio for himself since I had never parked my car in a garage any ways. Now we are both into vintage sewing machines also. It is a lot of fun! I am glad we are both creative and supportive of each others hobbies. He is not much for fabric shopping but he does stop at stores and encourages me to go in but he generally finds another place or waits outside.

Your stories really made me smile, okay and tear up a little. Sounds like a lot of class A mates out there. I have been a widow since my children were 2 & 4 but my husband always sort of went with the whatever made me happy theory.

my hubby definitely supports me...and even encouraged me to buy a new sewing machine ... and he even did research to help me pick out one to the specs I wanted ...

Yeah he's a keeper (he does all the cooking, keeps the kitchen clean ... a definite keeper!)

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    My hubby supports me and my hobby. I support his too he has a 1969 Chevelle drag car and now he is rebuilding a 1931 Chevy. I bring him cold drinks and help him look for parts and stuff like that. We've been together 7 yrs. and will be married 4 this Dec 16th.

Blog Entries
    My hubby is a keeper too. I have been researching the Janome 6600 and found a dealer 60 miles away. After talking with this dealer on the phone, I wasn't pleased with his attitude or helpfulness. I told my husband I could order one online from Brubaker's. He suggested we take a road trip to the store which is 4 hours from our house. He wanted me to be able to sew on the machine and make sure it was just what I wanted. He is also converting a 20 x 20 bedroom into a quilting room for me next summer when our daughter moves out. He is a definite keeper!

Raptureready and Patty Patches= My DH also. Maybe they were triplets given away at birth because they started out grouchy. LOL

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast