Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Don't Get Scared >

Don't Get Scared

Don't Get Scared

Old 11-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

Dh has small single servings of jello that he takes to work. The only thing he may carry from one room to the next is coffee. When my kids were younger, I rarely bought Kool-aid. Always told my kids they were out of the red colors and they were actually ok. I just bought sodas or sometimes made lemonade. Most sodas were 7-UP or Sprite, rarely Coke or Pepsi. Absolutely no red drinks. No gum.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:40 AM

Changing the Kool-Aid to vodka would be the perfect solution, although temporary. My accidents have all been resolved by OxiClean, love that stuff. It even takes out the spaghetti sauce stains that my DH just can't keep off of his tee shirts. I spilled orange soda one summer day and it took almost a year to clean everything it got on, dripped down the side of my cutting table into a file area, etc. No more sticky drinks are allowed. Oh, got it on the plastic covers for my AccuQuilt dies and thought I'd have to live with that forever. Yeah, vodka is the answer.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

These are all good suggestions. My drink container has a snap on top, but it just crossed my mind as I walked into the room with the drink the other day. About the pattern. I took a piece of graph paper and used a pencil to draw out the bending shapes for the "pipes" to go. There are over 90 different fabrics in this quilt and it is one of my favorites.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:13 PM

I would pour boiling water thru the quilt, while it was suspended over a sink or bowl. I have done this successfully with cherry juice and other red juices, thankfully never on a quilt.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:53 AM

Carbona will take it out.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:02 AM

I would douse it with club soda first, then soak in a solution of Biz and OxyClean. If that didn't work, I'd go with Shout.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:19 AM

I would first use Clorox POWER stain remover which is a gel . This product takes out even stains set by the dryer.
let set for 5 minutes then wash in cold water with my favorite detergent. <object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
Old 11-04-2015, 09:26 AM

My kids spilt some red Kool-Aid on my light grey carpet. After my heart attach, I moved the furniture. I took ten years, but the dog finally licked the stain out of the carpet. My suggestion - carefully dye the rest of the quilt (just like tea dying).
Old 11-04-2015, 09:35 AM

Be careful. Although it is a cherry flavor, I don't think that the Kool Aid drink is fruit based therefore, you don't want to treat the stain as if it is fruit based. You need to check the ingredients on the package. I've decided I can only be trusted with ice water as I sew or quilt unless I take a break. Loved the vodka idea however!
Old 11-04-2015, 05:51 PM

I don't know about koolaid even, but I have great luck getting red wine and many other stains using hydrogen peroxide and if that does not work, I make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and dawn detergent and let it soak for a bit. All my drinks have lids...the wine was on my friends new pretty white shirts.