Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Easy December,No Stress >

Easy December,No Stress

Easy December,No Stress

Old 12-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Just a thought... the last year that I had too much on my plate and got horribly behind, I bought fleese blankets at wally world (20) and donated them to Homeless shelter. The recepients were soooo happy. Donated them in the name of each person on my list (kept my name out of it entirely) and sent a picture to each person on my list with a note on the blanket and the Christmas tag with their name on the blanket. EVERYONE loved it ! Sara
Old 12-10-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Dec is my gift to myself.
Pefect!
Last year, because of my accident, we had no tree and no decorations, and none this year either. My kids are young adults now, so it's not like we have little kids for the holiday. I knew there was 'something' to describe this, your sentence is perfect, a gift for me.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by crankygran
If you truly have people to shop for that have everything they need and do not need more "stuff" think about a gift to a charity in their name. I give a larger gift to one charity in the name of all the recipients. Except for small children, they have all seemed to appreciate this. Of course, the kiddies still get packages. Many people want to give to worthwhile causes but get caught up in the Holiday to-do and feel relief that someone has done some good for others and they get the benefit of generosity without effort.
This is what we do, only buy for the little one(first grandchild) and the grownup children have taken over the cooking. Al I have to do is make a desert and enjoy myself. :thumbup:
Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 PM

I am working on getting to that point!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by mountain deb
I usually keep a box in the closet, that I throw good deals in through out the year. If it is for a speciific person, then I attach aname of recepient on it. Then around Christmas I go shopping through this box. If I do not use them all, then they get carried to the following year. Great for a last minute gifts.
That's what I do. I start right after Christmas when everything is on sale. That box of things keep me going with gifts all year long. Then I add some home made things too. I had Christmas all done by Thanksgiving and Now I am enjoying a stress free(well almost) December.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:55 AM

Wendy, I love your quilt. Did you do that each square at a time? Beautiful