Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Equal Hobby Opportunity! >

Equal Hobby Opportunity!

Equal Hobby Opportunity!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:05 AM

what a good idea!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 AM

You made me smile big time. Thanks so much. I don't know you, but I am so proud of you.

Last weekend we went to a car/craft show. He promised we would go to the craft show part after. I dragged around the cars for what seemed hours. By the time we made it to the crafts the wind was blowing so hard they were packing up. Sorry, but the next time we split.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Great idea you had.

DH and I both have cars we take to car shows. His is a dark blue '65 Chevy Impala Supersport and mine is a light blue '85 Mustang Convertible. I call them Big Blue and Baby Blue. We park side by side and I spend a lot of the time there doing applique or other handwork. It's a time we both enjoy. I am now collecting pictures of the cars to make quilts for each of them.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
You made me smile big time. Thanks so much. I don't know you, but I am so proud of you.

Last weekend we went to a car/craft show. He promised we would go to the craft show part after. I dragged around the cars for what seemed hours. By the time we made it to the crafts the wind was blowing so hard they were packing up. Sorry, but the next time we split.
I feel your pain! Ah, so close, yet so far. I think he owes you something for that. :-)
Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Great idea you had.

DH and I both have cars we take to car shows. His is a dark blue '65 Chevy Impala Supersport and mine is a light blue '85 Mustang Convertible. I call them Big Blue and Baby Blue. We park side by side and I spend a lot of the time there doing applique or other handwork. It's a time we both enjoy. I am now collecting pictures of the cars to make quilts for each of them.
I would love to have my own car but we're running out of driveway space! we each have a personal vehicle plus his company truck and the T-bird during the Summer. If my legs weren't so long, I'm 5'11", I'd love to have a Model-A or T.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

I give you kudos for being a better wife then me! I went one time to an all day expo thing with DH and once was enough. His hobby and mine do not mesh at all.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 AM

What a good idea! My parents have cars that they take to shows and my mom ends up sitting by hers while my dad wanders around and chats. (My dad's one of those guys who never met a stranger.)

Mom brings squares to embroider while she sits. She has done a bluework quilt and is going to start a redwork next.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:25 AM

Hers and his! Glad you had a good time./Regards, Dorothy
Old 06-22-2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Great idea you had.

You're lucky that they let you park side-by-side! Some shows segregate cars by model/year.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:32 AM

Maybe the advantage I have is Bob and I met when I was 55. I spent a lot of years partner-less and learned to be very independent to the point I wondered if I'd ever be able to live with someone. Then came Bob! He fit into my life seamlessly, as if he'd been there all along. In his previous lives, he was married to two very dependent women so I think I'm a real novelty for him. We joke about "when I get an idea" but he's always been very supportive. He's a keeper! even though, soemtimes, he forgets to put a pad under the T-bird and let's it drip oil all over the driveway!!!