Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Equivalent analogy "My eyes are bigger than my stomach" >

Equivalent analogy "My eyes are bigger than my stomach"

Equivalent analogy "My eyes are bigger than my stomach"

Old 04-27-2017, 09:05 AM

How about, "my crafting(sewing) clock has more hours in the day" or "there was an anomaly time continuum while I was sewing(crafting)" last one... "my enthusiasm exceeded the clock"
Old 04-27-2017, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingvagabond View Post
a friend of mine recently said "you would think that since god gave me the talent to create quilts that he would also have given me the time to make them"! How true!
this is it exactly!
Old 04-28-2017, 04:25 AM

Happy to know that I am in good company. I have enough ideas and projects to last ten lifetimes.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by junegerbracht View Post
Happy to know that I am in good company. I have enough ideas and projects to last ten lifetimes.
Most definitely. My two closets/2 bookcases attest to that. We all have good intentions. Too bad we have to sleep too.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

I have a similar problem, as I'm trying to meet a deadline to finish a quilt for our July 4th family reunion, and need to finish the top so that I can send it to my niece, who has a long arm quilting machine. However, I just lost a month in time because I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and then spent another 2 weeks in rehab. That pneumonia really knocked me for loop and it's a struggle every day as I don't have the energy, but working on it. You would not want to see my "Roundtoit" List, as it keeps growing.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
I have that problem every day!! I get the DGD's (who live with me) on the bus and take a long walk, come home and straighten up the house and clean the kitchen. By that time I do laundry and get dinner prepped. Now it is like 3 pm and I think I can get some sewing done but----oh no--the girls are getting home in 30 min.! I do squeeze in a few sewing hrs when they are not here but I agree with you that there is not enough hours in the day for our sewing/crafting hobby. Bottom line is that my granddaughters are in a safe place thank goodness and I can sew when time allows.
God bless you and your grandkids. They need you most right now, and they have the example of a well organized life. Someday they will be gone and you will be sad, but then you can sew to your heart's content.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:00 AM

Sometimes I feel like "if you give a mouse a cookie" or "a moose a muffin"...whichever book you shared with your children.

I'll start on something in my sewing room, then switch to something else...and then forget what I initially wanted to accomplish.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:09 AM

Seems like we all have the same problem, I need to add to that, Sometimes I have the time but am not in the mood and know better to work on a project I am not in the mood to do as it only will have to be re done.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:01 AM

I had my own storefront shop for 29 years and taught sewing and quilting at night at a local big chain fabric store. I could not wait until the day when I sold my shop, retired from teaching and had a dedicated room for sewing and crafting. Well, the time came and I think the phrase is 'Retirement is going to kill me!!". I am busier now then I was then! Every day I get up and start in working on an assortment of projects. I still teach, I work 3 part time days at a fabric shop and I volunteer at a seniors shoppe. None of these were planned, they all sort of just happened. Add this to the selling I do online and various commission jobs (mostly for gnome homes and witches/fairy custom houses) and there truly are not enough hours in a day. I thank God I am able to still do these things, but, I am now looking forward to my next attempt at retirement......But. I think this is the nature of creative people. We have so many things in our heads that we want to make.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

I just took a load to the Goodwill to make room for all the ideas in my head!