Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eurosteam iron update review needed >

Eurosteam iron update review needed

Eurosteam iron update review needed

Old 09-20-2020, 10:51 AM

Default Eursteam review

I am on my third eurosteam iron. They are hands down the most wonderful iron not only for quilting, but also for regular clothing. I love that I don't have to change the temperature based on the clothing I am ironing. I can go from linen to the most delicate silk without waiting to cool off anything. BUT there is a big drawback. It is quite fragile. I had the first one for three years, before one of the kids dropped it Inot from a big height and onto a carpeted floor, it should have survived) . The second one lasted two years, before an electrical power surge took it out. (lesson learned, keep plugged into a surge protector. ) I've had my third one since July. Unfortunately the continuous steam button just got stuck. I've contacted the company hoping they will fix it since it is under warranty. If you just want something to use on cotton to quilt with, this iron is too expensive and too fragile. But if you're like me and iron everything, and want the flexibility of being able to use it on all kinds of fabrics without worry about scorching or making something shiny, then this is the only one on the market that does that.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:30 AM

Sorry to hear you've had issues with your Eurosteam iron and I hope they do fix it under warranty. I love mine. Mine did survive a drop. I'm still on my first one from 10 (??) years ago. Use it mainly for quilting but also clothing. Love that thing!