Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever been this stupid? >

Ever been this stupid?

Ever been this stupid?

Old 10-22-2010, 06:22 PM

Call it part of the robots voice!
Old 10-22-2010, 07:04 PM

I am sorry that happened to you but at least it can be repaired.
I am making a turkey wall hanging for our home and had it almost finished. held it up to look at.Turned it around and the batting and backing had gotten caught some how and I had to rip it all out!So I am working on it again.Geez.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:21 PM

Merridancer, how on earth did you manage to leave an entire tape measure in a quilt? LOL
Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 PM

I think the "stupid" things we do just make us human! I know I do plenty of them.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I've been carefully and happily making a quilt for my daughter's second grade class room that is decorated with Robots.

I was so proud of all the different robots and space ships and even a big quarter moon with a cow jumping over it for added interest. (These are for 7 year olds).

I downloaded lots of different ones, drew them on iron-on backing, cut them out and then decided to hand sew them on.

Without remembering the small, necessary fact of removing the backing, all the while chatting with a friend and doing a lovely job on them. Then just today the cat landed on my lap and I heard paper crinkling...I could just cry I was so mad at myself. Now I'm going to have to cut out some of the applique stitches and with long tweezers pull out the paper, then I can iron them on like they should have been to start with. It will still be ready for Christmas, I know, but it's still maddening.
I do hope you gave your cat a special treat! :P

Don't feel bad, just think, you felt good enough to share it with all of us, and that counts for making it all better, in my book at least.

I'm still looking for a strip of fabric I know I cut out for a project months ago. Project got finished with a replacement strip, but for the life of me I never did find it.
I don't have any pets and DH know better than to venture into the quilting room so it all falls back to me! :-P Have since given up looking.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:49 AM

Oh no!!!!! Hate when I do stupid stuff!!!
Bless you for your patiences. I am sure the class will love it.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:19 AM

I blame it on Attention Deficit Disorder which seems to afflict me the worst when I am doing something and talking at the same time!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:23 AM

Chalk it up to "lesson learned". I just got my lesson learned project in the mail. Doesn't it feel good to know that others have their lesson learned projects too? While frustrating, I'll bet you'll never make that mistake again!
Old 10-23-2010, 06:42 AM

I do believe we all have made that mistake or one similar. Anyone who clames not to have made a mistake or several is not telling the troth. Over the many years I have quilted I have made many mistakes and still do :lol:
Old 10-23-2010, 07:27 AM

This is not called stupid. It is called experience. Ever heard of an experienced quilter??? Well I am sure that an experienced quilter has made their share of "errors" that cause them to think a second or two before attempting another project of the same.