Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever lost a quilt top? >

Ever lost a quilt top?

Ever lost a quilt top?

Old 10-09-2011, 05:51 PM

Several years ago I made a quilt top for my mother and I still can't find it. I have completely emptied my sewing room in that time and still no top. She has now passed away and will never get to see it. I make myself so angry!!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaK
It probably had a secret meeting with one of my June Tailor rulers that I had been using now can't find. Wouldn't doubt if they each are wearing a purple flip flop wrapped up in painters tape. Hopefully they all will come home soon. BrendaK
Love it!!!!!

Happens to me ALL the time...that is usually a reminder for me to stop whatever I am doing and focus on a wider view of my world - a deep breath outside and the feel of grass on my feet helps a lot to remind me who is truly in charge......
Old 10-09-2011, 07:26 PM

My daughter took dance classes when she was a little girl & her 'basic' piece of her costume was a red swimsuit that all the other pieces were attached to....(tutu, can-can skirt, etc). A month before her dance recital we are hunting all over the place for her 'basic' & couldn't find it. We tore the place apart & it didn't show up anywhere. Luckily I was able to find an identical one on a sale rack in another city, so she could still perform in the recital. (We had to buy the basics about 6 months in advance in order to give us time to make all the add-ons.) Well 6 months AFTER her recital we found it stuck in the sleeve of her winter coat. Evidently she carried it home from class that way.....so don't give up looking. It has to be there somewhere. If we didn't do goofy things, we wouldn't be normal & life wouldn't be very interesting.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:38 PM

Did this with a quilt block once. Took it with me to LQS to match sashing. Got home, went to get it, couldn't find it for the life of me. Called shop, nope didn't have it. Gave up and was going to see if I could get more material and make another one. Thought I would check one more time. Finally hit me I had bought another pattern that day and yup I had folded it and put in the envelope so I wouldn't lose it. So it will show up, just on it's terms.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:51 PM

Stop looking for it .... it'll get lonely and come out of hiding :D
Old 10-09-2011, 08:23 PM

yep, put stuff away to get back to then can't find it. somehow though days or weeks later i will look for something else and can't find it but low and behold right there is what i was looking for before. better yet when i put something away where it will safe to find it is so safe i can't find it. did thatlast week with new bank cards. my dh comes home and says his card wouldn't work then i remember i need to give him the new one but couldn't find it anywhere i normally put things for safe keeping then went through the whole house and all the drawers with no luck. i finally gave up on thrusday and had to reorder some.

also was in a panick once and had my son looking and i am looking all over for my glasses a good 20 min. later son is laughing histerically cause i have them on my face where they belonged. i dosed off with them on apparently.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:25 PM

As of yet, I haven't lost a quilt. I hope you find it soon.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 PM

I have to share what happened this afternoon... I have some small 9-patch blocks on the design wall and above them is a feathered star block. I saw a quilt on here this afternoon that has a feathered star in the center and other borders added around it so I thought "hmmm maybe I can do something like that with mine". I went in and was doing a bit of measuring while it was still up on the wall. I accidentally brushed one of the 9-patch blocks and it fell... I watched it fall. I reached down to pick it up and it wasn't there. I ended up cleaning off the little table where it fell, looked behind it, put some stuff away and then.... there it was on the floor behind me! Maybe someone was telling me to clean my room?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
Two years ago I found a pie plate and matching pie flute. They had 2 of them so I bought one for me and one for a friend of mine. I used mine and put the other away to give as a Christmas present. That was TWO years ago and I still can not find it. Keep your fingures crossed for this Christmas.
Have you tried the "if I was putting it away right now, where would I put it?" That has helped me before.
Robin in TX
Old 10-09-2011, 09:39 PM

When you find your quilt top and flip flops, please ask them where my keys are. I have been hunting for them for almost 3 years now! Why do I feel like I need to put things "somewhere safe"...always so safe they never turn up. I'd also like to know where the lone star quilt I was hand piecing when I was pregnant with my middle daughter is hiding. It only needs 3 more diamonds put on for the star to be complete...and my daughter is now 24 :shock: :oops: