Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever lost a quilt top? >

Ever lost a quilt top?

Ever lost a quilt top?

Old 10-08-2011, 04:20 PM

Too new at quilting to do that but......I lost a pair of brand new purple flip flops in our bedroom. Still had the tag holding both together. I bought 2 pair at Pier 1 last summer and decided to wear the white ones. This summer I got a new swim suit and wanted to wear the purple. No where to be found. I have looked for them all summer...under furniture, in the closet, even in drawers and they are NOWHERE to be found.

My mother lived with us for 5 years before she passed away and so many strange things have happened here since then. I hope she has been enjoying wearing my purple flip flops. LOL
Old 10-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc
Get someone else to look, they'll find it in two minutes or less! Somehow we get "blinded" and just cant' see what's right in front of us.
That is so very true. Same with proof reading a letter or a post....you can look at a typo forever and not see it. Hand it to someone else and bingo! they see it right away.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:32 PM

Did you do laundry, perhaps put the laundry on top of the quilt top and now the quilt top is is in one of your dresser drawers?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Hmm have kids? I have one son who if he finds a quilt I am working on he likes, he just takes it, done or not LOL, so I have to now tell him if I am working on a specific quilt for smoeone else so he won't rob that one!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

It probably had a secret meeting with one of my June Tailor rulers that I had been using now can't find. Wouldn't doubt if they each are wearing a purple flip flop wrapped up in painters tape. Hopefully they all will come home soon. BrendaK
Old 10-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

maybe it's hiding with my bedroom shoes!! I lost them yesterday or the day before!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:29 PM

They are all with my 18" ruler I bought at Tuesday Morning and used once before it disappeared. Must not have liked it here. More fun with the purple flip flops. We all know flip flops are party animals. :)
Old 10-08-2011, 06:26 PM

I spend half of my time looking for things. It makes me nuts.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:27 PM

Oh, honey, do I EVER know what you're talking about. I used my tape measure the other day -- the cloth kind. Then looked ALL over for it for 2 hours. Finally found it....wound up and hanging on a spindal!!!! Right where it's SUPPOSED to be!!!!!! :oops: :oops:
Old 10-08-2011, 06:32 PM

ROTFLMBO!!! Lordy is this ever familiar!! So glad I'm not the only one who spends hours looking for stuff I just had in my hands!
Originally Posted by BrendaK
It probably had a secret meeting with one of my June Tailor rulers that I had been using now can't find. Wouldn't doubt if they each are wearing a purple flip flop wrapped up in painters tape. Hopefully they all will come home soon. BrendaK