Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever lost a quilt top? >

Ever lost a quilt top?

Ever lost a quilt top?

Old 10-08-2011, 11:27 PM

I forget things quite often, sometimes I will remember where I put them in a dream as I sleep, so weird but true. Sometimes I never find it again. :lol:
Old 10-09-2011, 01:30 AM

So I guess we all have a portal to the same black hole of missing things!! How can something disappear right before your eyes??
Old 10-09-2011, 03:11 AM

I feel for you, I to have lost things in two days, found then folded with other material in my stash closet.
Good Luck on your mission.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:33 AM

[quote=MoanaWahine]I have not done that with a quilt top, but did that same thing with a pattern to the quilt that I already started. And a long ruler for cutting WOFs.

I'm hunting for a small square ruler right now. I can't imagine what I did with it. Please let us know where you find it. Is it folded up inside your sashing fabric?
Robin in TX
Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 AM

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most... have someone else look with you. I find that if something isn't where I expect it to be, I can look right at it and not see it - extremely frustrating!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:53 AM

yes this past week I could not locate my hand pieced hexagon quilt that needed to have borders added. I though it was in my UFO box but could not find it. searched my house tidied my sewing room and decided after 4 days to give up looking. this morning I decided to check my UFO box again (about the 5th time)and there it was caught up with another larger quilt I am working on - (always have more than one on the go at a time) so tunnel vision on my part or the quilt went on holiday without me and returned today lol
Old 10-09-2011, 04:03 AM

LOL...I love the comments about my flip flops. One thing though...I didn't buy them at Pier 1...it was Old Navy.

Something else that STILL has me baffled. My son and his girlfriend bought me a breast cancer awareness watch for Christmas (handmade). I planned to wear it when we were going out to dinner with friends. Put it on the bureau in our bedroom and went to take a shower and get ready. Friends arrived and before we left I said...forgot my new watch upstairs. It was NOT on the bureau. Looked everywhere...my hubby and friends looked everywhere downstairs as I searched our bedroom high and low. Gave up...went to dinner...came home and thought I will turn this house upside down to find this watch. Still couldn't find it. Time to go to bed. My mother's old bedroom is where I crash and watch TV at night. Walk in the room and pull back the covers and there beside my pillow is the watch. Now...HOW in the world did it get in there since I was NOT in that room after I put the watch on my bureau. As I said before...my mother is being sneaky...lol.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:16 AM

"Look under your bed" - this is what I told my two sons for years when I heard, "Mom, I can't find my...........". Most of the time that's where they found it......!

Debbie
Old 10-09-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by LindaM49

.came home and thought I will turn this house upside down to find this watch. Still couldn't find it. Time to go to bed. My mother's old bedroom is where I crash and watch TV at night. Walk in the room and pull back the covers and there beside my pillow is the watch. Now...HOW in the world did it get in there since I was NOT in that room after I put the watch on my bureau. As I said before...my mother is being sneaky...lol.
LOL Too funny! Guess your mom liked the watch. My best friend passed away 11 years ago. She always loved to put those little plastic hearts or angels that you get to sprinkle on tables for decoration in birthday cards, so they would spill out when you open them. Every now and then I find one, in the back of my truck, on the counter in the kitchen, in a box. I know she is just saying hi.

And yes I have had stuff taken by gremlins, only to be returned at a later time....cuz I sure didn't forget where I put it!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:19 AM

L do that all the time. Almost always it is under something, or I have put it somewhere safe, where I know I wont forget it. LoL I have done that with Christmas presents bought earlier in the year, comes time to wrap them, they are no where to be found. Please let us know when and where you find it. Good Luck