Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric donated to out Guild and what we are doing with it.  Any other suggestions? >

Fabric donated to out Guild and what we are doing with it. Any other suggestions?

Fabric donated to out Guild and what we are doing with it. Any other suggestions?

Old 07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by romanojg
You can get the small tags at the office store w/a little whole in them and then use the small safety pin to hold it on secure
We thought about that, but didn't want to have to buy the safety pins! Wanted to use what we had. The stupid dots cost $14 to start with and they don't stick!
Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

Could you try pinning them in place with a straight pin? You'd have to be cautious when handling, though.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by np3
You can get the small tags at the office store w/a little whole in them and then use the small safety pin to hold it on secure
We thought about that, but didn't want to have to buy the safety pins! Wanted to use what we had. The stupid dots cost $14 to start with and they don't stick!
the tags are alot cheaper and can be reused; when someone buys the item take the pin out; most people would understand that and then you'll have them for the next sale. Good luck with your sale by the way.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:25 AM

Most of the fabric glue sticks are washable and should say on the glue stick.
I understand about staples. I have bought fabric with stapes but it was stapled to the salvage.
Try to use that addy labels that you get at the office supply and then put your color dot on top of that. Just give a try to see if it stays........:o)
Sounds like such a great sale for the guild.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:26 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by np3
the tags are alot cheaper and can be reused; when someone buys the item take the pin out; most people would understand that and then you'll have them for the next sale. Good luck with your sale by the way.
Thanks. Since the fabric was donated it is all profit. We want to let our members benefit by getting a good deal and also make some money for the Guild. That is why I don't want a lot of cost for supplies.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BeeNana
Most of the fabric glue sticks are washable and should say on the glue stick.
I understand about staples. I have bought fabric with stapes but it was stapled to the salvage.
Try to use that addy labels that you get at the office supply and then put your color dot on top of that. Just give a try to see if it stays........:o)
Sounds like such a great sale for the guild.
Also don't want to mark the fabric for anyone. This is very annoying as well.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Staple the dots/price tags to the fabric - but put the staple in the selvage so it won't mess up the body of the fabric.

If you have the time and personnel - you could ask the customers if they want the staples removed.

Sometimes price tags have been known to walk around and end up elsewhere.

All fat quarters could be one price - to keep it simple.

Or if you have one of those things that puts those plastic things in the fabric? (It's almost a threadlike piece of plastic with "bars" on the ends - annoying as heck if one doesn't remove if from a garment before wearing it) Basting gun??

I hate tape. Especially if I forget to remove it.

The bundles look nice.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:14 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Staple the dots/price tags to the fabric - but put the staple in the selvage so it won't mess up the body of the fabric.

If you have the time and personnel - you could ask the customers if they want the staples removed.

Sometimes price tags have been known to walk around and end up elsewhere.

All fat quarters could be one price - to keep it simple.

Or if you have one of those things that puts those plastic things in the fabric? (It's almost a threadlike piece of plastic with "bars" on the ends - annoying as heck if one doesn't remove if from a garment before wearing it) Basting gun??

I hate tape. Especially if I forget to remove it.

The bundles look nice.
Thanks. FQ are all $1 so that is easy.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

I would fold the dots over a selvage and staple through it. It won't damage the fabric and they are secured to avoid confusion and price changing. Of course all those nice old ladies wouldn't do it on purpose but if the tag falls off, it could happen.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan
I would fold the dots over a selvage and staple through it. It won't damage the fabric and they are secured to avoid confusion and price changing. Of course all those nice old ladies wouldn't do it on purpose but if the tag falls off, it could happen.
If they are put in a consistent spot - maybe 1/4 inch from a corner - then the check-out people would be able to find/spot the dots easily.

Also use a marker that won't run or smear if it gets wet or damp.

Some weather conditions do make the dots, etc. fall off easily.