Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Obsession Confessions >

Fabric Obsession Confessions

Fabric Obsession Confessions

Old 12-09-2010, 09:36 PM

Not only was my confession that I purchase too much fabric, but I can't stand to let all my new fabrics just lay in the stash --- I have to cut it up and have it ready to use on a project.... Don't ask why it don't bother me if its cut up and ready to be put together and it lays, and lays, and lays, and lays ........... No kidding I will get up out of the bed at night to cut new fabric........ It's impossible for me to build a large stash, and I would really like to. HELP!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:32 PM

Go and look at the thread called "fabric moratorium". Some of us joined and so far, so good. I also need to make headway into my stash before I buy any more. I am finding all kinds of creative ideas for using it. Join us and let's share what we make as we go. Good luck to you.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:17 AM

I alway say "no more" to myself...i don't know what happens! The EVIL fabric monger takes over and i end up just picking up a few pieces.....sure at least 50.00 later, i come home with it and say again "no more". It's that old fabric curse :!:
Old 12-10-2010, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
Chicken ;-)
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I'm taking the fifth on this!! LOL!!
yolanda, I think you are an instigator! :-D
Old 12-10-2010, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
Well,i live in the middle of know where,so if i stay away from town i do ok.I want to try to use up alot of Christmas fabric i have.
I live in the middle of nowhere too, don't want to be snowed in and no fabric or projects to do! That is my story and sticking to it.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:38 AM

Uhmmmm...I haven't GONE to a fabric store in a few weeks. But I did buy some fabric on here and some more fabric at Connecting Threads...I'm not on a "official" spending freeze, but I've been trying to only buy for planned projects. I'm still collecting for one of them, but in the last month, I think it is safe to say that I've only purchased for those planned ones...I think.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:42 AM

I stopped by the fabric store last nite (again) and bought some more fabric for aprons to make. Christmas aprons, if I don't get them done this year, be a great project to get started on for next year, to get ahead of the gifts for once. I am not on a spending freeze but we are trying to be careful with what we do spend.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:18 AM

I have little to no storage in our motorhome, so have to be careful, but must confess my love of fabric is rearing its head again since I started quilting. Thought I'd conquered it after the kids moved out & didn't need new things all the time. When moving from home to motorhome, you would all have been horrified at the amounts of fabrics, notions, etc. I had stashed everywhere. You could almost hear the house sigh with relief as it was carried away. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do!! With quilting, it's starting all over though. Some is even stacked in the shower & I have to unload it to take the shower & make sure its dry before putting it back! Hubby thinks I need help! LOL
Old 12-10-2010, 05:25 AM

I went to a LQS yesterday to get my buck-a-block for this month and came out with an almost $52 receipt - the buck a block was only $1 but boy did they have some great sales too!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 AM

I'm a pushover for Christmas fabric. I just love it and have to have a piece of every one that I see and don't own.