Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Obsession Confessions >

Fabric Obsession Confessions

Fabric Obsession Confessions

Old 12-10-2010, 06:15 AM

yeah....nice...good luck with that! :D :D :D
Watch how quickly you convince yourself you DON'T have the right piece to finish something....
Old 12-10-2010, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
yeah....nice...good luck with that! :D :D :D
Watch how quickly you convince yourself you DON'T have the right piece to finish something....
Its amazing how that happens
Old 12-10-2010, 07:49 AM

Well, I'm in the same boat! Joined the moritorum fabric buying group on line here and trying not to buy fab for 12 MONTHS...I must be nuts. Anyway, I look at fab online daily, check on missourt quilt co every day to see what I'm missing. Maybe this is just part of the quilting gene. Always looking at finished quilt on this forum for inspiration.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
Ok as of this month I am totally on a spending FREEZE as far as fabric goes - I have made a committment to myself that I will only buy something if I need it to finish a quilt ---- until my stash is reduced by 1/2 or until the summer 30% off coupon comes out from fabric.com ;-) ..... yet I spend at least 10 minutes a day here looking at the fabric for sale .. why do I do this to myself??

What's your fabric obsession confession?
You are not alone!!!! We just have a love for fabric and our mind is always "quilting" and piecing ... so we want to see everything all put together... nonetheless, it is an obsession... i confess!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:36 AM

I will not even tell myself I am not buying more. I always have to eat my words. Soooo I just don't worry about it anymore.
Someone will enjoy it after I'm gone. LOL
Old 12-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

I think going on a fabric diet is like a real diet. You run to the pantry and get a tremendous craving for what you are not supposed to have. Hehehehehe
Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by sumcoop
It is almost impossible for me to pass up a bargain. I can stay out of the regular cloth shops even with a sale for fabric, but can't pass up cloth from the thrift stores.
I have flannel sheets, shower curtains, etc...anything big and cotton and cheap....it usually comes home with me.
I am trying hard to beat my addiction...but not succeeding.
Who can pass up 9 yards for $3????? You know you can make something sometime.
Told my Mom cotton prices were going up...her reply"Don't worry you will have enough to sew until you are my age(81)...another 30 years.

PS send me any addresses of thrift stores you know.
This is me exactly!! I also can't pass up a yard of fabric for 50 cents there. And if I don't go, I feel really deprived after a while.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
I have little to no storage in our motorhome, so have to be careful, but must confess my love of fabric is rearing its head again since I started quilting. Thought I'd conquered it after the kids moved out & didn't need new things all the time. When moving from home to motorhome, you would all have been horrified at the amounts of fabrics, notions, etc. I had stashed everywhere. You could almost hear the house sigh with relief as it was carried away. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do!! With quilting, it's starting all over though. Some is even stacked in the shower & I have to unload it to take the shower & make sure its dry before putting it back! Hubby thinks I need help! LOL
All you have to do is get a cargo trailer to pull behind your home. Lots of room for your sewing, you might even get it set up with light and heat put in your sewing machine and you are all set for the next rest stop.

:twisted:
Old 12-10-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine
If it has cute doggies on it, I am a goner!
I am with you love doggies.
But having to pack and move has put a halt to any fabric buying. Other than some I found in a thrift store before I left.
And I was going to buy some fabric from one of the ladies here and got a call from my DD(minutes after I said yes send the fabric) that she needed money. Stopped all fabric purchases until next month when I get my check. Kids!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
Go and look at the thread called "fabric moratorium". Some of us joined and so far, so good. I also need to make headway into my stash before I buy any more. I am finding all kinds of creative ideas for using it. Join us and let's share what we make as we go. Good luck to you.
Yes I've joined it, too!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-79756-1.htm

I'm loving it.