Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Obsession Confessions >

Fabric Obsession Confessions

Fabric Obsession Confessions

Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM

I am currently in the "manic phase" of my fabric obsession. I am on a trip to Seoul, South Korea, where we lived several years ago. There is a 7 story (yes, you read that right) building, full to the brim of any kind of fabric, accessories or tools you could think of. I went there 3 days in a row, wandering from vendor to vendor. Some speak English but calculators work well too. It is mainly a wholesale market so it can be a challenge to buy just one yard. I was drooling over some of the beautiful fabrics I found. I bought a total of about 45 yds of fabric. The most I paid...$4.25 a yard...the least was $1.75. Glad I brought an empty suitcase. Cannot wait to get home, clear the DR table off and start creating!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Oh you're definitely not the only one! I do the same thing, it's like I just have to see what people are selling! May be a good deal too good to pass up!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:40 PM

yes it is an obsession but I managed to go on a 'no buy' for more than 6 months but finally succumbed to temptation ... 3 times. Mea Culpa!

Starting on a new journey of no buy ... we'll see how long it lasts.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-10-2010, 04:41 PM

I want to try some pre - cut designs such as jelly rolls, charm squares etc., mainly because of the variety of prints that is contained in them. However, I keep looking as they are $50 - $90 for each packet, depending on the brand. Since I retired, that's about all the money I have to spend each fortnight - so I keep looking...
Old 12-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Me too! The trouble is we have looked at the fabric in our stash and we have seen it over and over and put some on the bottom that is so not the style anymore. we have some in the middle that we still are not tired of yet and the newest stuff is on the top. Then when we go shopping we see the latest stuff and want it too. It is kind of like clothes and shoes and purses. i don't get rid of things very easily cause times were real tuff once and I will never forget that. sort of like some of our parents that went through the depression time. They had no spare tires for cars and sugar was rationed. Can't imagine that. It is just the way us humans are.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:47 PM

You ar so cute. I love it! Just in case. You made me laugh and I needed that right now. thanks
Old 12-10-2010, 04:49 PM

is the 505 spray basting spray? I need to know if that is the brand I should buy? thank you
Old 12-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Connie, I live in the middle of know where also, I still have a stash and have withdrawls also. You know at least it is not against the law and we are not drinking and driving out there. We have a good habit. :thumbup:
Old 12-10-2010, 05:01 PM

I am lol so much I am crying at your confession. Cut it up and your OK. I like that.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:10 PM

Every xmas when I make gifts, I say I need to start this in August for xmas but it is not the same doing xmas in aug. I am looking at the fall stuff then.