Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Obsession Confessions >

Fabric Obsession Confessions

Fabric Obsession Confessions

Old 12-10-2010, 09:50 AM

Would do me no good to join the fabric moratorium. I am restocking my stash, after years of having none at all. Having a ball reading everyone's ideas and loving this site. Can't wait for the sales. Seems to me material has really increased in price since 10 years ago.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:52 AM

I felt I got out of control, so last year I promised my husband
I would not purchase fabric, the only fabric I would was to finish
a quilt, and spend no more than $10. And I did it, I was very proud of myself, (it was sooooo, hard) especially when I went to the Quilt Shows with all those vendors...
I think again I am spending way too much money, just because I like it..so I need to curve my spending and get some projects
done. Let's all encourage each other to do our UFO's the month of January.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 AM

Jelly Rolls! If I can find a Jelly roll for 21.00 or less, I'm buying it, whether I need it or not.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:29 AM

Don't get me started about Jelly rolls, I had gotten so many,
I ended up selling some out of guilt.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rabbit
Jelly Rolls! If I can find a Jelly roll for 21.00 or less, I'm buying it, whether I need it or not.

I'm with you!!!!!that is a bargain!!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
A good way to avoid fabric stores is to re-organize your stash. Or at least it works for me. When I do that and realize how much I actually have, how there's not room to store what I have, and how much simpler my life would be if I didn't have so much, it makes it much easier NOT to buy. However, I'm going to a fabric store today and will probably buy backing for at least one quilt if not two. Oh and a batting. And I'm planning to go to Fat Tuesday in February---where a LQS has all their fats on sale for $1.50 and the person that buys the most wins a prize. (I came in second last year with 68). The first week in June I'll be going to Marshal's Dry Goods in Bateville Arkansas on a MAJOR FART. Probably bring back several hundred dollars worth of fabric but their batiks are usually on sale that week for $2.99 a yard.
I'm with you on that one. I went and folded all my fabric like alaskasunshine 's tute shows and I realized how much beautiful fabric I already have. Made me realize that I have enough fabric for at least 20 quilts, not counting my scrap basket, probably another 5 or 6 there. That's enough to keep me happy for a long time. Not only that but I only have one bed in my house and an armoire full of quilts already. Makes me a little crazy!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:15 AM

I confess. I am a fatquarterholic.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by sumcoop
It is almost impossible for me to pass up a bargain. I can stay out of the regular cloth shops even with a sale for fabric, but can't pass up cloth from the thrift stores.
I have flannel sheets, shower curtains, etc...anything big and cotton and cheap....it usually comes home with me.
I am trying hard to beat my addiction...but not succeeding.
Who can pass up 9 yards for $3????? You know you can make something sometime.
Told my Mom cotton prices were going up...her reply"Don't worry you will have enough to sew until you are my age(81)...another 30 years.

Went again today and found beautiful gold tones....$1 for about 3 yards...washing it now and a sheet that was multicolored bright small stripes....king size....$1. ya just can't pass that up.

PS send me any addresses of thrift stores you know.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:47 AM

I have enough fabric to hold me for a while, and it's kind of lost its sheen for the time being. Now, thread, that's a different story. I just bought 11 spools of variegated online last night. As if I needed more thread.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:01 PM

Habit (for me anyway)