Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric price >

Fabric price

Fabric price

Old 07-30-2011, 01:52 PM

Hoffman's of Paducah had a nice sale on the other day with free shipping. I bought some gypsy fabric that I needed for my gypsy wagon. Sign up for their sales, it's worth it and they have primium fabrics. I hardly need fabric, my statsh is tremendous lol...but for certain project if the price is right, I will go for it.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
Originally Posted by cherrio
not much of a stash here and certainly not one that coordinates; buying a lil bit each month for each project is how I'm going to have to do it. I hate that!
If you're looking for coordinating fabrics for a project, have you considered Whittles? ( http://whittlesfabrics.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi ) I think their highest price is $6.50 or $7.00 a yard, and you can shop by collection. They even mark down the leftovers to as low as $3 or $3.50 per yard once a line is almost gone. It's not this season's newest lines, but you will recognize the brand names. They just listed the Bittersweet line by Nancy Halvorsen, and I am trying to resist. I have been buying from them for a while and the service is good and shipping fast.

Myself, I can't believe how high the regular LQS prices have risen. And actually exclaimed out loud (shocking!!! a bad word slipped out of my mouth....LOL!) when I saw a bolt of fabric at Joann's for $13.99 a yard!!! Crazy.
Took a look at the website and it looks great! Thanks!!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Hoffman's of Paducah had a nice sale on the other day with free shipping. I bought some gypsy fabric that I needed for my gypsy wagon. Sign up for their sales, it's worth it and they have primium fabrics. I hardly need fabric, my statsh is tremendous lol...but for certain project if the price is right, I will go for it.
Do you have a website for them? I cannot find them.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by lscho4jm
Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Do you have a website for them? I cannot find them.
I think she meant Hancock's Paduca. . . .
Old 07-30-2011, 03:26 PM

I try to base my fabric shopping on planned quilts for those I am making quilts for. When a fabric is on sale, I buy it and put it in my stash. With the prices increasing, I don't have to worry too much.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:32 PM

Another good site is Fabrics.com -- free shipping if you spend $35 and that's pretty easy to do.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Yikes! Guess I won't complain about $10.25 a yard. That's why I love Ebay. I just watch auctions for fabrics I want and bid only if it's the price "I" want to pay!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 PM

Connectingthreads.com has good fabric very reasonably priced.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:16 PM

ouch...
Old 07-31-2011, 02:48 AM

I was in a LQS yesterday....didn't buy for a couple reasons.They had mostly Thimbleberries fabric that looked dark & dreary to me.No pretty yellows I was looking for,but the main reason was $10.98 yd price.

My fav LQS is $9 yd,but the store is an hr away.I'm shopping from stash.DH bought me a line of fabric.Very nice & prob the only time that will happen.Gonna use it by adding complimentery colors with it...kind of stretch it out :)

I'm buying more & more on line & haven't had any problem at all.