Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric price >

Fabric price

Fabric price

Old 07-31-2011, 03:14 AM

i want to see a picture of your gypsy wagon. i saw one at an antique store a few years ago still intact with alot of the stuff. i never thought of doing a quilt.
Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Hoffman's of Paducah had a nice sale on the other day with free shipping. I bought some gypsy fabric that I needed for my gypsy wagon. Sign up for their sales, it's worth it and they have primium fabrics. I hardly need fabric, my statsh is tremendous lol...but for certain project if the price is right, I will go for it.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Hoffman's of Paducah had a nice sale on the other day with free shipping. I bought some gypsy fabric that I needed for my gypsy wagon. Sign up for their sales, it's worth it and they have primium fabrics. I hardly need fabric, my statsh is tremendous lol...but for certain project if the price is right, I will go for it.
Love Paducah, they always have fabric on sale so it's worth checking it out. they do list their fabric by the half yard so 2.98 if for the half yard not full. didn't get an order in for the free shipping.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:26 AM

I agree OUCH!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 AM

quilt in a day has a great sale on now-$ 3 to 5.00now.
www.quiltinaday.com
Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 AM
Vat

With everthing else going up, I can't imagine why you'd think fabric wouldn't also. Things going up in price has just become a part of life.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 AM

You'll have to post a picture of your project. Our quilt group is making a bug jar quilt for a raffle to help the Peace Valley Nature Park.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:58 AM

That's true. Also true I shop for the best prices no matter if it's groceries,towels or furniture. No way I won't shop & buy the best fabric price.

Originally Posted by Vat
With everthing else going up, I can't imagine why you'd think fabric wouldn't also. Things going up in price has just become a part of life.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:11 AM

That's a bookmark, for sure! Thanks.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:48 AM

I took a coupon to use at Hancocks this week. It is in a community about 30 miles from me so I don't get in there often.
The nothing special fabric I wanted was $20.00 a yard! That made me look at the rest of the fabrics around me and I was stunned. Even with the 40% off coupon I wasn't willing to pay the price. I won't be going back. The $2.00 a yard fabric at WalMart is looking really good to me at this point. Ann in TN
Old 07-31-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
Originally Posted by cherrio
not much of a stash here and certainly not one that coordinates; buying a lil bit each month for each project is how I'm going to have to do it. I hate that!
If you're looking for coordinating fabrics for a project, have you considered Whittles? ( http://whittlesfabrics.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi ) I think their highest price is $6.50 or $7.00 a yard, and you can shop by collection. They even mark down the leftovers to as low as $3 or $3.50 per yard once a line is almost gone. It's not this season's newest lines, but you will recognize the brand names. They just listed the Bittersweet line by Nancy Halvorsen, and I am trying to resist. I have been buying from them for a while and the service is good and shipping fast.

Myself, I can't believe how high the regular LQS prices have risen. And actually exclaimed out loud (shocking!!! a bad word slipped out of my mouth....LOL!) when I saw a bolt of fabric at Joann's for $13.99 a yard!!! Crazy.
Excuse me, but you sound like a "Pusher" to me...LOL, don't encourage those of us with a good size stash, to look at Whittles...really, no, don't make me...I REALLY don't NEED anything for the stash...don't make me go look... ;)